Chapter 58

SEVEN'S POV

"My head if fucking pounding." I groan, rubbing the heels of my palms into my sockets for some kind of relief.

"At least a part of you got a pounding." Pugs tries to joke and I look back at him sitting in the furthest seat to the back, giving him a sour look.

"Hah!" Digger remarks, a shit eating grin on his face.

"Seven's lost his game that's for sure. Even Tixs got laid last night, didn't ya mate." Digger reaches back to pat Tixs knee who is sitting next to me in the back seat of the car. As usual, he says nothing but simply nods. I wonder if he's silent during sex too.

"How the fuck are you smiling like that at this time? Are you not hung over?" Curby asks Digger. Everyone seems hung over, even quiet Tixs but Digger seems fine.

"I don't get hang overs." Digger shrugs.

"Yeah fucking right. It's because he drinks like three beers and is done." I tease but there are slight truths to my words. He drinks fuck all compared to us. Not that that's a bad thing but it's simply not true to claims he doesn't get hang overs like the rest of us.

Everyone in the car laughs, including Tixs, at my words which causes Digger to get on the defensive.

"Yeah well at least I'm not a fucking coke fein." He directs at me. His comment makes me laugh but I don't argue it at all. I know I have a problem, fuck they all watched me roll out of bed and do a bump as soon as my eyes were open.

The car goes quiet again as Curby drives us to our job. It's an acquisition. We're taking over a new business here from a smaller local gang and from the sounds of it it's going to be quite hostile. This gang is only prevalent in this city and were our new runners and dealers of our distributions and on goings in the city. But there so called leader decided to keep our profits for himself and so as compensation we're taking over the business they do their deals from. We'll control the business and in turn we'll control the illegal activity in the city, which means we'll control them. Their foolish move of trying to rip us off has made them go from the opportunity of working with us to working for us. Which means no more little bitch gang, they'll be part of our firm. Of course there is the possibility that they'll disagree to this and refuse to join us and action will have to be taken against them, but the message is plain and simple; they either join us or be nothing.

I pick up my gun from the middle seat and check the magnum, making sure it's full before checking my four other preloaded magnums and tucking them back into my black suit jacket. I wonder what this local gang is like, how they dress and what their majority age is. I've done a few acquisitions in the past, take overs from small gangs who wear patches and are mostly full of teenage rejects with a chip on their shoulder and some point to prove. They always seem so surprised by our appearance, I suppose to them we're perceived much like if we were to walk down the Main Street - looking like some high society, functioning business man in our tailored suits. They don't realise that a gang doesn't have to be all colour and patch related to be powerful and successful. I think in some ways it intimates them, because it's something they don't entirely understand. And possibly because you could walk past us down Main Street and not consider our suits to be lined with ammunition and weapons.

We pull up outside the run down Japanese takeaway restaurant. The white walls are turning yellow and the sign painted in red has run after years of water damage. Newspaper covers the windows, one of them is even bordered up.

"This place looks like a fucking dump." Digger says what we're all thinking.

"Do you think Victor knows how run down the place is? It's not even functioning as a cover store." Pugs points out.