Chapter 11

Seven's confessions from tonight have been besieging my brain ever since they left his perfect mouth.

Although he's given me answers, my head has managed to wrack up a list of questions about it all. Does Mesha know about the gang? If Seven is in line to become Don of his family's gang but hasn't killed anyone, what has he done?

The thoughts are causing me a headache and trying to deal with them on top of what was an already emotionally draining day for me has left me completely exhausted. I definitely won't be going out to party tonight.

"Why did you drink tonight?" Seven asks me as he locks his office door. I'm lent against the cold concrete bricks of the hallway and stop counting my pay to answer him.

"Well Mesha was going to take me out clubbing to cheer me up so I was trying to get myself into the mood for it but I don't really feel like going out anymore." I shrug.

"Cheer you up?" Seven turns to look at me.

"Uh yeah." I lean off the wall hoping he doesn't ask too much into it.

"Why?" He questions and I sigh. I don't really like divulging into my sad childhood with dead parents. And I'm not sure if that's something someone like Seven would even care to know.

"Um well today just holds shit memories for me." I reply vaguely and start walking down the hallway towards the back exit.

Seven falls into step next to me. His eyes to the ground as he walks.

"What kind of shit memories?" Seven pushes.

"I don't really want to talk about it to be honest. I usually just spend the day trying to ignore it if I'm honest." I tell him and dig out my phone to text Mesha.

"I understand." Seven nods, dropping the subject. Thank god.

"How're you getting home? I don't think you should drive." He says referring to the alcohol in my system.

"Mesha was going to pick me up. I just have to text her." I explain as we get to the doors.

"I..." Seven begins but stops himself, second guessing his words.

"You what?" I look over at him, stood by the door with his hands in his pockets. A thoughtful frown set on his face as he looks at me.

"I can give you a ride." He offers and I raise my brows at him in surprised.

"Is that..." I look down the hall to check if we're alone. We are.

"Is that even allowed?" I question. Seven isn't allowed to even touch us women who work here, although it hasn't gone unnoticed by me that his hands have found their way to me a few times already now. But leaving the venue with him can insinuate a lot of things if someone were to see us.

"It's erm," Seven also glances down the hall to check if anyone's around before continuing.

"It's probably not, no." Seven confirms.

"But I don't see how they'd find out." Seven shrugs.

I think about this for a second. Why would Seven risk getting caught breaking the rules of his own gang just to drive me home? Even though he knows I already have a ride? His green eyes are set on my face as he waits for me to decide.

If I go with him I'll be completely alone with him. In his car. I think back to every time we have been alone together and the confusing tension that always bubbles between us. A tension that is usually sliced with the interference of an outside denominator. But in his car we'd be completely alone, with no one to interrupt us. The thought sets my heart racing in my chest.