Chapter 12

On Monday Tiffany rings me to catch up. I feel bad that I haven't talked to her much since I started working at the club, but she's been busy herself while on holiday so I don't feel too bad.

She's been in Paris the last two weeks with her family, who are introducing her to people they know through business who own fashion labels. Tiffany is hoping to intern there once she's graduated.

Tiffany doesn't ask much about things on my end. Which I'm kind of thankful for. I don't think I could ever tell her about what is currently going on in my life. About my job as a bartender at a strip club. A strip club owned by a gang. About the handsome but confusing boss I have that turns my insides into a melting mess. She does however ask if I've been hanging out with, "that Macy girl or whatever her name is." I roll my eyes at her clear jealousy over Mesha and I's friendship. She clearly doesn't approve of it but her judgment isn't something I'm willing to take on board. After talking with Tiffany for half an hour, well more like listening to Tiff talk about herself for half an hour, we organise to catch up with our usual group of friends when she gets back from Paris.

My shifts at the liquor store are extremely slow. And I continually find myself wishing Mesha would pop in to see me but she's out of town for the week visiting her grandparents. I miss her like crazy but she's been sending me memes and funny videos to keep me entertained through my shifts. I haven't told her about Seven dropping me home after my Saturday shift, or about the gang. From what I can gather I don't believe Mesha actually knows. And I don't know if I want to be the one to tell her or if it's maybe in her best interests to keep that to myself. Her job is a lot different to mine and is run more independently than the club. As far as Mesha is concerned Seven and his...friends simply manage a bunch of different sectors within the specific line of work, so for her to find out about Seven's uncle being a kingpin of a large gang who has Seven tie men up in the strip club basement to beat them up in interrogation will probably come as a shock to her.

When Wednesday rolls around I'm oddly excited for my shift at Club Venus. I'm excited to see Seven after our talk in his car on Saturday even though it ended with him seeming like he regretted touching my cheek. I'm hoping he's not still regretting it and that we can maybe talk about it instead.

I've put more effort into my appearance tonight. Taking my time to perfect my make up and hair so that I look nice. Even deciding on putting some sexy underwear on to give me more confidence tonight for my inevitable talk with Seven.

A small part of me is terrified he's not going to be there but when I pull into the back of the club his SUV is parked where it usually is and my heart leaps. Out of all things I should probably be feeling when walking into work today, I can't shake the optimism that envelops me. My last shift here was full of heavy truths and emotionally earmarked juncture with Seven. But I feel like we opened up a little to each other during that car ride home, I feel like that car ride changed things between Seven and I. Because of that car ride, I now feel excited to walk into work.

Like most Wednesday's here the club is quiet with only about ten customers are around the stage. I make my way to the bar and see Kitty walking around talking to customers and taking drink orders. Once I round the bar she makes her way over the floor in a sheer slip dress with her black drinks tray balanced on one hand.

"You're looking extra hot tonight." Kitty comments and I rest my chin on my palms in a mock pose in response to her compliment. Well if Kitty noticed my extra effort I hope Seven does. I hope he likes it.

"It's fucking dead out there." Kitty comments as she places her tray on the counter.

"Do you have any orders for me?" I ask her, prepping the glassware.