Chapter 19

It's so hot in the busy night club. My skin is blanketed with perspiration from Mesha and I dancing the last two hours. My feet are slightly killing me but it's easy to ignore thanks to the chemicals running through my system.

"I fucking love this song!" Mesha yells into my ear over the loud music. She's said this about almost every song the dj has played so far and every time I just laugh. Not because I find it humorous but because that seems to be the only response my body can master since Mesha and I split an ecstasy pill in the bathroom twenty minutes ago.

I've taken MDMA before but I've only ever taken it by snorting very tiny lines of it which makes it come on a lot faster. The pills effect has been a little more slow burning than I'm use to and now it seems to be taking effect finally.

The pulse of the music is vibrating through my entire body, it feels as if the pulsing methodically is echoing deep within my core, causing my body to respond in movements of dance. Because the dance floor is so packed I occasionally feel people brush against me as they move to the music. I'm overly conscious of the feeling of it due to the drug. I'm now hyper sensitive to the touch and when a guy in a denim jacket walks passed me, the feeling of the rough fabric sweeping across my upper arm and sets it in goosebumps. My body finding a new appreciation for the feeling of denim.

"Are you having fun?" Mesha asks smiling at me, her pupils are blown out and I wonder if mine are the same. She looks so incredibly beautiful under the multicoloured lights in here. My altered vision picking up on all the beauty and enhancing it with vivid colours.

"Yes!" I nod and try yell over the loud music to Mesha.

"I'm a bit hot though! Should we go get another drink?" I yell and Mesha nods.

I definitely don't need another drink, I need to pace myself or else I'll end up on the floor. Mesha's hand links with mine to lead me through the swaying bodies and off the dance floor. We're nearing the bar when Mesha stops dead in her tracks, causing me to bump into her back and I frown at her confused as to why she's suddenly stopped walking

"No way, is that..." Mesha says staring off at the bar and I follow her gaze to a blonde man in a navy blue suit sitting at the bar. The man takes his drink from the bartender before swivelling around on the bar stool to look out and observe the horde of bodies on the dance floor.

"Curby?" Mesha and I both say at the same time and almost as if he heard us Curby's eyes find us. His mouth moves into a mischievous grin as he winks at Mesha.

"What is he doing here?" I think out loud.

"Well I guess if the club is closed he has the night off." Mesha says, smiling back at Curby.

"Come on, let's go talk to him." She suggests and steps forward pulling me along with her again.

"No, I don't think that's a good idea." I counter but let Mesha continue to guide me over to the bar.

"What do you mean? It's Curby. He's harmless." I can't see Mesha's face as she walks in front of me but I can imagine her eyes rolling. Curby, harmless? If only she knew the reason behind his nickname alone. Someone who does that doesn't sound very harmless to me. But then again, Mesha doesn't know about how dangerous all of the men at the club are. Not just Seven.

Seven.

I wonder if he's here with Curby? I've never seen the two of them far from each other so it's plausible. I do a quick glance around the bar where Curby is sitting but don't spot the brown curly hair I'm looking for.

"Well well well. Fancy seeing you here Mesha." Curby smiles charmingly at her.

"You know I love a good dance Curby." Mesha rolls her eyes at him flirtatiously. There always seems to be some form of sexual tension between these two with the way they always seem to fall into a flirtatious banter when speaking to each other.