Chapter 18

My eyes are a little puffy waking up on Saturday morning. I cried a little last night after leaving Seven's car. I'm not sure why I got so emotional. I think the back and forth with him is stressing me out and I felt kind of humiliated by his proposal of being friends after he saw me half naked and touched me.

I take longer in the shower than usual. Willing the scolding water to ease the tension in my mind like it does my muscles. The steam helps bring down the puffiness in my eyelids and by lunchtime the swelling is completely gone. I busy myself cleaning my flat, dusting around the unopened boxes of my grandmothers belongings. I haven't brought myself to open them yet, I tried to open one that had some of her clothing in it and the smell of her alone sent me into a crying fit. I know there's some jewellery pieces in one of the boxes that I'd like to start wearing but I don't know what box they're in and I don't want to have to look through them all till I'm emotionally ready for that.

I'm in between washing loads when my phone rings on the counter. Mesha's name flashes across the screen.

"Hey." I answer.

"Girl you'll never guess what!" Mesha starts straight away.

"What?"

"Mr Banker only went and bailed on me for tonight. His meeting out here got rescheduled so he couldn't make it." She tells me.

"Oh shit. Does he still have to pay you?" I ask her.

"Well that's why I'm ringing!" Mesha smiles through the phone.

"Guess where I am right now?" She asks me.

"Um...I don't know where?" I give up too easily.

"Belleknowes Hotel! He gave me the suite for the night since it was already booked and five thousand to blow on some clothes! So! I was thinking you come by and help me spend this money and keep me company till your shift at the club." Mesha suggests, her voice high in excitement.

"Actually I'm not working tonight. They closed the bar and told us to stay home so I'm yours all night if you'll have me." I smile.

"Oh my god yes! Fuck yes we can go get some pretty dresses and go out tonight! Yes okay oh my god! Come! Come now and meet me at the hotel! I'll text you the room info!" Mesha squeals in excitement and I grin through the phone.

"Okay! Okay. Text me the info and I'll make my way over now." I agree before she hangs up.

Mesha texts me the room number straight away and I go change out of my sweats and into jeans and a t-shirt before leaving.

Belleknowes Hotel is huge. I cringed so much when the valet took my shitty car to park, it'll definitely be the cheapest car in their lot. I make my way through the marble lobby and to the gold lifts. This place is fucking expensive, I can't imagine what the suite looks like. There's a man dressed in the hotel uniform standing in the lift who's job is to literally just push the buttons for the correct floors which blows my mind. I wonder how much that pays?

I get to the suite door and can already hear the light thump of Mesha's music so I knock loudly for her to hear me. The door creaks open and Mesha's face peeks out.

"Lily!" She beams and opens the door up wider for me.  She's wearing a silky robe and reaches out a manicured hand to drag me into the room.

"I'm so fucking excited for tonight! I've been waiting a long time for us to party!" Mesha gushes but I'm too distracted by the interior of the place.

The rooms is expansive with dark hardwood floorings and white plush rugs on the floor. A large sofa is in the middle of the room, a king bed rests down the back wall to the left wing of the suite. A small bar area is to the right next to the sofa and huge flatscreen tv. The room is so bright from the floor to ceiling windows that are the majority of the far wall. Over the music I can hear running water.