20 Khushi's Question

Part 20 Khushi's Question

Khushi went to the kitchen to prepare Aloo-Gobi. Shyam gestured to Sandhya to go to the kitchen. Shali noticed it and pouted at Shamli. Shamli asked her raising her brows. Shali whispered to Shamli that what Shyam did. Shamli also glared at Shyam pouting. They rushed to the kitchen to see what happens there.

Sandhya was watching Khushi making Aloo-Gobi. Nani was standing there nervously. But, Khushi's fast and perfect action made her awestruck. Khushi prepared it as if she was an experienced cook. Nani couldn't believe that a girl who was brought up in a HOME could cook well. Khushi must be learned cooking for Arnav. She thought... she was not wrong though... she learned cooking for Arnav but not in the way Nani thought. Readers know that.

Khushi finished cooking. She extended the Aloo-Gobi bowl towards Sandhya. She tasted it and raised her brows, looking at Nani.

"I thought you are exaggerating your Bahu but her dexterity is really excellent," Sandhya said.

Nani smiled in relief whereas Khushi sighed in relief.

"I'm getting late... I'm leaving..."

Sandhya left RM.

Nani brought the Aloo-Gobi bowl to the living room and kept it on the tea table.

"Khushi bitiya's preparation... tastes good," Nani said.

Shyam frowned, hearing that. How does Khushi know cooking? Did she go for a cookery class? The much he knew there was no way for her to learn cooking as she stays in a woman's hostel. He thought he can make her feel low but it seems there is no chance to do that in cooking.

Raizadas tasted the Aloo-Gobi and it tasted agreeable.

"You cooked it well, Anjali said.

"Khushi... you did it..." Lavanya winked.

"Mami, you shut our mouths with your dish..." Shali said looking at Shyam.

"Haan, Mami, no one would feel to talk instead of eating this" Shamli said.

They shared hi-fi.

Arnav who came downstairs searching for Khushi saw her with Raizadas in the living room.

"Mama... see, how tasty Mami cooks...!" Shali said.

"Mami...?" He asked surprisingly.

"Haan, Mama... taste it" Shamli extended a spoon full of Aloo-Gobi.

Arnav had it and raised his brows in amazement.

"Very tasty Khushi... well done" he stuffed the last spoon of Aloo-Gobi.

Khushi smiled at him that made Shyam irritated.

"Mama... this is Mami's pehla Rasui... gift her something..." Shali said winking at Shamli.

"Haan, Mama... give a good gift to Mami..."

"Hey... Chotti pockets... how do you know about pehla Rasui?" Manorama asked.

"Chotti, Nani... didn't you watch the scene in the serial last week?" Shali giggled.

"Oh, haan... more than us children are watching everything keenly," Manorama said.

"That's why WE should watch good things Manorama..." Nani said.

Manorama smiled at her awkwardly.

"Arnav bituwa... please give something to Khushi..." Manorama tried to divert them from the serial thing.

"No... I don't want anything..." Khushi said.