50 Rituals

Part 50 Rituals

RM and also Raizadas were busy because it was the Roka function. Khushi was more excited than the trio even though she already entered into the phrase of her wedding life. Khushi enjoyed the ritual thoroughly. She liked the ceremonial phrase very much. These were looked new and unique for Khushi. Arnav and Khushi, Aman and Lavanya exchanged the rings. Arnav was keenly observing Khushi. She was looking at the engagement ring again and again with a smile.

The Mehndi function was fixed the next day of Roka. Khushi and Lavanya were in Arnav's room, selecting mehndi designs as per their taste.

"Khushi, look at this design." Lavanya showed her the mehndi book.

Khushi viewed it and nodded no.

"What kind of design are you searching for?"

"I'm going to write Arnavji's full name in my hand. I'm searching for such a design" Khushi said with a slight blush.

Lavanya lifted her brows in amazement.

"You no need to search for it. Ask the beautician. She will draw such design" Lavanya suggested.

"Yeah... you may be right"

Khushi gave the mehndi book to Lavanya.

"What happened?" Lavanya asked.

"I will ask the beautician to draw Arnavji's name," She said.

Arnav entered the room, listening to their talks.

"What are you guys discussing?" Arnav asked.

"Khushi is planning to draw your name in her hand ASR," Lavanya said chuckling.

Arnav smiled at Khushi.

"Will you ask me to draw your name in my palm?" he asked sitting on the recliner.

"Why ASR, won't you write Khushi's name if it's a ritual?"

"You know very well I don't like rituals"

"I'm not talking about the ritual but Khushi's name" Lavanya nagged Khushi.

Arnav smiled said nothing.

"ASR, don't try to escape"

"Why would I try to escape? I just don't like to draw mehndi. That's all" he said.

"Leave it Lavanya, if he doesn't like to draw Mehndi, he doesn't need to do it," Khushi said.

"It's a ritual Khushi... Aman is ready to draw my name in his palm unlike ASR" she said proudly.

Khushi smiled softly said nothing.

"You know what? the color of mehndi shows the partner's love for us"

"Oh..."

"If the mehndi is not dark, our partner's love for us is not strong"

"Oh..."

"ok, Khushi... be ready for tomorrow's ritual. Bye"

Khushi nodded ok. Lavanya left the place.

Khushi smiled at the ring in her finger that they exchanged. She came to the bed and laid down.

"Khushi, are you alright?" Arnav asked.

"Mmmm" she shrugged her shoulders.

"Why do I feel something?"

"What do you feel?"

"I think you are upset"

"Why would I?"