28 Gratitude of Shyam

Khushi was stuck, hearing his outburst... correction, not just an outburst but indirect confession. It was a downpour of his heart... his emotion. Khushi felt like choking. She tried hard to swallow the feeling of embarrassment. She could not stand this over concern of Arnav. It was not hard for her to understand his heart. Is he emotional or does he truly feel for her? it must be his TRUE feel. Didn't he ask *SO WHAT?* when he got to know she saved none other than Shyam? What is all this? Is she more important for him than his Jeejaji and Di? Why does she jump to conclusions? It must be HIM who was responsible to conclude. She met his eyes where there was still a restlessness.

"Why are you getting emotional, Arnavji? Nothing happened to me... you don't have to worry about it..." She said without answering his chains of questions.

Arnav gulped down, tightening his jaws. He couldn't understand whether Khushi understood what just he conveyed to her.

"I'm happy you are considering me as your family. It feels so good to have a family, Arnavji..." she showed him that she didn't take his words in the way he uttered.

Arnav rolled his eyes. H didn't expect she would take his words lightly.

"Relax Arnavji... I became tense when I saw a man with a knife. I didn't know what to do... that's why I had done something like that..." she said sadly that melted Arnav.

He touched her upper hand softly.

"Are you feeling pain?"

She nodded no and again nodded yes.

"Don't strain yourself. Take rest"

"Are you upset with me?"

Arnav nodded yes.

"is being grateful wrong? I just thought to..."

"Why should you be grateful to someone who did nothing ...in fact, degraded you?"

"but, he is repenting for that, Arnavji"

"So...? Did you come to this house to make him repent?"

"I don't forget that I came here to ACT as your wife, Arnavji"

Arnav gulped down hard as her word pricked him.

"Do the job for what you are here... ACT as my wife..." Arnav said in another meaning.

Khushi nodded ok. They heard a knock on the door. Arnav opened the door and got stuck, seeing Shyam standing with a juice glass. Arnav gave him space to enter. Shyam entered in smilingly and went to Khushi. He made Arnav and Khushi dumbfounded bypassing the glass to Khushi.

"Bhai..."

"Just for you, Khushi... I prepared it for you"

Khushi looked at Arnav who was standing like a statue. What's happening here? Shyam gestured to Khushi to take the glass. She took it from his hand.

"Thank you Bhai but please don't do this again"

"Why Khushi? Why not I do this for you? Are not you my sister?"

Arnav raised his brows whereas Khushi's eyes brimmed with tears.

"There is nothing to cry, Khushi," Shyam said.

Khushi wiped her tears, nodding her head.

"I would like to ask you something, Khushi," Shyam said.

"Tell me Bhai"

"I would like to give you something..."

"No Bhai..."

Shyam stopped her showing his palm.