Twenty - Inside

Mikey decided to give Toman a day off on Christmas day, but something felt off when the night came. First, I couldn't find Yuzuha-san and Hakkai-kun. Second, Takemichi's not in his home. Third... I caught the Black Dragons having a meeting.

It looked like the big guy named 'Taiju' was leaving, and it seemed that he really is their leader. As I recalled, the leader of the Black Dragons which is also the eldest brother of the Shiba siblings was the one who messed with Toman by beating Michi and taking Hakkai-kun.

Shin-san's Black Dragons wasn't the same anymore.

I wondered how he'll feel if he sees this.

When the gang left, only two remained. Later on, the guy with the darker hair left too, leaving the guy with a mark under an umbrella. My sight landed on his gang uniform. An all white attire with black letterings on the back matched with black gloves and foot wear.

 An all white attire with black letterings on the back matched with black gloves and foot wear

The guy with the transparent umbrella turned around and our eyes met. Weirdly, he gave me the feeling as if I've known him. He had blonde hair with a huge scar on his upper right face and had sleepy eyes. Yet overall, I found him kinda pretty but a little stern-faced.

He squinted his eyes at me as if he's figuring out who I was and I almost did the same because he kind of looked familiar. Like I've seen someone who looked like him before.

I gulped and kneeled with one knee down to pretend I'm busy tying my shoes when I'm just really talking to the snow.

I almost forgot that he's a Black Dragon while I'm a Toman. I shouldn't really be eavesdropping or I'll be in danger if they caught me! Or worst... what Mikey said will happen...

I tried calming myself down, hoping he already left. Slowly, my eyes looked up and instantly popped out when he was already in front of me with our faces so near to each other. His sleepy and stern yet attractive eyes stared at mine.

I couldn't look away because we were literally so close. He was also kneeling with one knee down while his arm hanging over the other knee for support. He tilted his head as the edge of his lips went up.

He shifted his sight down for a split second then stared back at mine. "Need help with that?"

My eyes followed where he glanced. "No, thank you. I can tie my sho—" I lagged and froze when I realized that my shoes didn't even have laces. "Oh... looks like there are... no shoe laces... after all." I embarrassingly chuckled.

Ah, crap.

Well, that was embarrassing... but he didn't seem like a bad guy...

I heard the guy's snort and found his palm in front of me when I raised my eyes again as he's already on his feet. My glances shifted between him and his palm before I finally accepted it and composed myself.

"A lady shouldn't be alone here during Christmas," he said.

I awkwardly smiled, losing the words for an excuse.