Thirty Five - Surprise

We all remained silent and focused as Draken-kun stood and commenced with the introduction.

"The first meeting of the year of all members of the Tokyo Manji Gang will now begin!"

He first explained the clash we had with the Black Dragons because of the discord between the Shiba siblings. He then announced that there will be three people tonight who will discuss the matter with everyone.

 He then announced that there will be three people tonight who will discuss the matter with everyone

Hakkai-kun stepped forward first.

"It all started with a stupid little lie I told. To keep up that little lie, I dragged my family... I dragged Toman into it," he started to explain and bowed at his last sentences. "I'm sorry."

He probably blames himself, but...

"Don't worry 'bout it, Hakkai!" I turned to Yasuhiro-kun who surprisingly cheered him up. "What sparks conflict in the first place is always something small, anyway!"

Woah. I didn't expect that from Yasuhiro-kun. He's not a bad guy, after all.

"Besides, we beat the Black Dragons," Smiley added. "So things ended up fine! Right, guys?!"

"Raise your head, Hakkai!"

"No ones gonna blame ya!"

"Hakkai!" Takashi yelled. "You've still got a place with us as the Tokyo Manji Gang's second division vice captain! You guys cool with that?!" He asked the gang and they agreed, cheering and shouting Hakkai's name.

Ah. I'm... envious.

Hakkai-kun, you're just like me, and yet, you got these amazing guys who accepted you for who you are, despite your failures.

Without noticing, my mask wore off and my smiles faded... and Mikey saw that, forcing me to get back to my senses and give him a tight smile.

I was almost caught.

As Draken-kun called forth two more people, the gang commenced complaining. We listened to the former 11th Black Dragons to introduce themselves and explain how it ended up like this. They lost to Toman and had now decided to join under them.

A slight and tight smile was shown on my face as Mikey announced that they will be under my cousin, Takemichi Hanagaki's commands. After all, it was Seishu's petition to Mikey and his request to me.

I only agreed to it because... as I had observed my cousin from far away and from being with him all these years... I supposed, he does seem to be a lot like him.

He's a lot like our Sano Shinichiro-san.

"Quiet, everyone!" Draken-kun as the vice commander shouted to keep the silence.

Mikey trudged closer ahead with a serious expression. Everyone listened and watched him intently as he called out for another person which the gang didn't expect he'd call.