Sixty One - Zilch

"Mom, dad," I slowly uttered, carefully making my way to my two busy parents. "Can I talk to you two?"

"I'm still in the middle of something. We can talk later," mom said, not even giving me a spare of look.

"What is it about?" Dad asked, a glimmer of hope emerging in me.

"I-it's about... going back in the Philippines..."

"We've talked about that already, Delle."

"But... I-I want to stay, dad."

"You've stayed long enough," mom butted in, raising a brow. "I thought you don't like it here."

"I never said that, mom. I... I already loved being here."

Her raised brow rose higher. "How is school? Your teacher said you haven't been paying attention to class."

My jaw dropped. "T-that's..."

"It's because of those boys, isn't it?"

"N-no... I was just overthinking some things, mom. It was just one time."

"And about that money, really, I can't believe you spent all of that. It's for your tuition and future investments. Did those brats blackmailed you and stole your money?!"

"Mom! They're not like that!"

"Delanel Mizuno!"

I pressed my lips in frustration. Darn it. I talked back again. I was planning to persuade them with ease!

"I'm sorry..."

"You've been defending those boys too much, Delle."

"They're not... bad people..."

"You don't know that. They're delinquents."

They have a point, but still...

"Delle, your mom's right," dad seconded, taking that hope away from me. "Don't argue anymore, honey. Go home with us."

Home? Haha. Home?! You left me here! You threw me here!

Suddenly, all my painful memories jumped in.

Let's not let it flow. I don't want to cry today.

I sighed. "I'm exhausted. I'd like to sleep now," I excused myself and heard some yells from mom as dad tried to calm her down.

"Sister." It was my brother, blocking my way.

"What is it now? I'm not in the mood."

"Why do you keep getting mom mad? It's ruining the atmosphere."

"Yeah, sis," my sister agreed. "I thought you changed. Aunt Sora said you changed. Why are you being stubborn again?"

"Don't make things even harder for us, sister."