Seventeen - Moment

"You're kidding me, right?" I sarcastically asked Mikey while my eyes remained at the long stairs right in front of me that reminded me of the stairs in the 'Kung Fu Panda' film.

It's a way, way long journey.

Mikey laughed and stretched out his smile as he watched me look so stressed out. "You got this, Della! Come on!"

I glared. "Best birthday yet, huh. You guys really love messing with me, huh." I pouted, glancing at my heels.

"Do you want me to carry you?"

I immediately raised my hands at him. "Nope! Nope! I got this." Mikey chuckled when I shifted my sight away and rolled my eyes.

Grunting, I sighed and then took the first step to the Shakain Misaka Promenade where Mikey brought me. It's still early morning and the fresh air felt amazing with the warmth of the sun wrapping over us. The trees were also calming and the area was peaceful.

It was perfect... except for the stairs.

Mikey acted so exhilarated when we were halfway there. He's like a kid I needed to accompany to a children's playground while I'm his aunt who just got back from work who wore heels, make up, and a dress. A totally inappropriate outfit for this kind of outing.

My face turned sour as I recalled Takashi and Atsushi-kun who suggested I should wear these heels, make up, jewelries, and the dress he made for me. As if all of them planned this beforehand that's why their gifts are sort of connected together.

"Hurry, Della!" Mikey exclaimed, chortling.

He laughed harder when I returned him a death stare

He laughed harder when I returned him a death stare. I pouted, my heart melting because of his cuteness. The way he's acting now really want me to keep him in my pockets. He's a treasure worth saving.

Mikey kept his grins while watching me take each step.

Darn you, Mikey. There's your smile again that I can't resist.

Mikey grabbed my hand and grinned even wider, showing his teeth. "Just 500 more steps to go, Della!"

"You half-wit," I scowled. "It's still a thousand steps!"

Mikey burst out laughing. "Sorry, sorry."

I exhaled, my hands over my chest as I paused. "Do you have extra slippers, Mikey?" I turned to my feet which were almost bruised. "My feet hurts. I should've worn my shoes instead."

My forehead created a line when Mikey suddenly stood beside me and took off his shoes. "Wear this."

"Huh? What about you?"

He made a funny face. "I'll try those." He pointed my heels with his brows. "Besides, they're mine in the first place."

Wait, what?

My jaw fell in an instant, getting what he meant. I slightly moved away from him. "No. No. I'll..." I gulped, hesitating. "I'll wear this. I'm fine," I lied, crying inside.