Thirty Six - Conquerors

"She's the call girl everyone's talking about now, right?"

"I thought she's a good girl who's the top of her class. I guess she's also a hussy."

"Such a waste," a guy said to his friends. "I knew there's something wrong with that girl."

"Right? I thought so too," his friend agreed.

A girl judged me with those same eyes and uttered, "She's not even that pretty."

"She's probably poor."

"I think you're right."

"Pity."

It's funny how... I thought I'd be affected as I was as usual before. Now, I'm just letting it enter my ears without hurting my feelings. Rather, my heart's too broken enough to be broken even more.

The four instantly faced me when they found me writing down my notes instead of listening to those gossips.

"Delle...-san?" Nanami-san called.

"Hm?" I didn't look up. I played with my pen.

Aika-san tried catching my eyes

Aika-san tried catching my eyes. "Y-you're not bothered?"

I put down my pen and took out my highlighter. "Why should I?" I asked and noticed them glanced at each other before sitting down beside me.

"Because it's your reputation they're ruining here?" Arisa questioned with a brow up.

I smiled, placing down the tool to look at them straight in the eyes. "Don't worry. I'm already used to that. And I don't want to be those main characters who gets hurt by others and waits for her prince charming to come and save her."

Though, to be honest, being rescued by the one you love is really dreamy, but this is reality, and in reality, you save yourself. You're lucky if someone comes to help, though I don't believe in luck.

"Besides..." I added, looking down on my table with a pretentious smile.

I already feel worthless enough on my own so...

"...it's fine, as long as they don't go too far."

But I never really thought they would.

When I was younger, usually I'm the bully. I don't bully hard like literally destroying people's lives. I just speak harsh sometimes, tease people, play with people, or stuffs just because I'm bored and... alone.