Twenty Four - Outcome

It's like a gun pointed at me when he said the line. I blankly stared at him with no words coming out of my mouth as he stared back at me with an unreadable expression. My mouth opened and then closed again, still speechless.

I made a brief laugh, facing down. "Okay..." I agreed.

If that's what Mikey wants, then that's what Mikey gets.

"Okay?" Mikey asked, puzzled.

I carefully nodded. "Okay... but I also have a request." I playfully grinned.

I simply play fair, that's all. If he gets what he wants, I get what I want. However, the things I want are always simple. Sometimes the other person even benefits from it. Even so, I agreed, knowing my heart might break into pieces.

He tilted his head like a cute kid. "Request?"

"Yep," I said, taking out a medium-sized box with a red ribbon on top of it. "My only request..."

His eyes grew when I opened it.

"...is that you wear this on Christmas."

I revealed what's inside the box and wrapped it around his neck. I grinned, seeing him covered with the gift. He glanced at the scarf then back at me with his adorable face looking like a child given his favorite toy. He seemed so bewildered and it's so cute!

I chortled at his reaction. "What? You don't like it? It's a simple request, you know."

Mikey still couldn't believe it as he gently caressed the thing wrapped around his neck. He looked back at me with bright eyes shimmering in the night. I slightly giggled, wanting to pinch his cheeks. Mikey shifted his sight away, a little shy.

"Okay," he cutely replied, avoiding eye contact.

"You will?"

Mikey pouted. "Mhm."

"What did you say? I can't hear you, Sano Manjiro!" I laughed.

"Okay!" He glared, smiling later.

He actually did wear it...

...but I was the one who couldn't keep my word.

"Merry Christmas," Mikey greeted with a smile

"Merry Christmas," Mikey greeted with a smile. "What are you guys doing on a day like this?"

My head went down and saw my body and my clothes filled with blood stains. Even my fingers were messed up, making me sure that even my face is too. I bit my lower lip, closing my eyes, not afraid of the battle... but afraid of Mikey letting me go.