Sixteen - Wish

With my plain white shirt under my black jacket, dark blue jeans, and white shoes, I marched in the Toman's territory where Mikey said I should go. I braided my hair this time and wore a bit of jewelries like I used to before when I was addicted to it.

I inhaled a huge amount of air as I entered the abandoned building filled with earthlings.

"Who's she?"

"I've never seen her before."

"She's Mizuno, right?"

"It's Mizuno-san, stupid."

"She's Toman's first girl."

"She's a fighter?"

"You idiot, she's Toman's manager."

I tried to keep my composure as I walked in the middle of them all. They were whispering about me even though I could clearly hear it. I returned them some glances and still proceeded. I wasn't even sure why I'm part of them when clearly I haven't done anything.

I'm not even a fighter.

At the end of the dusty and cold yet bright room was Mikey sitting down comfortably while watching me saunter towards him.

I was stunned by his new outfit which was an olive and sage green and white long sleeved loosened checkered polo untucked above his black pants and white sneakers

I was stunned by his new outfit which was an olive and sage green and white long sleeved loosened checkered polo untucked above his black pants and white sneakers. His hair, as usual, was tied on top.

"Boss," I greeted, joking.

My eyes sort of broadened when the side of his lips rose. Mikey gestured the chair in front with his head. I obeyed and awkwardly sat in front of him with my fingers playing with each other. My eyes couldn't set away from his outfit. It looked really good on him.

I decided to speak up first to break the silence. "So... what am I going to do as Toman's female manager?"

Mikey rested his arms over his knees and briefly tilted his head. "Nothing."

My forehead made a crease. "Huh? What do you mean?"

He shrugged. "Nothing."

I was still confused. "You mean... it was all a lie?"

Mikey smiled with a little snort. "You're Toman's girl now, Della. So you must be protected. That's that."

I still didn't get it and was about to say something when he suddenly stood up and placed his hands in his pockets. He pulled out one hand and stretched it in front of me. I bewilderingly glanced at it then at him.

"Come on. I need to show you something," he said and I took his hand.

"Where are we going?" I curiously asked, glancing at our hands holding together.

Mikey looked back at me and grinned. "Somewhere without these guys staring at you."

I raised a brow, glancing at the other members who were watching us intently. "Then you should've chosen a different place to meet instead," I answered back to him.