Twenty Three - Request

Watching them made me notice that the family I have right now is actually battling the family I had before. My heart ached, wondering where the other original Black Dragons would be. I wanted to know why they left the family Shin-san gave them.

Arashi-san...

Imaushi-san...

Takeomi-san...

Where are you, guys?

My attention was caught by Hakkai-kun who removed his jacket.

"Thank you," he said. "I'm not afraid anymore. I'm never putting on the Black Dragon uniform ever again!"

"Think you can fool yourself into being stronger?! Huh?!" Taiju threatened his youngest sibling

"Think you can fool yourself into being stronger?! Huh?!" Taiju threatened his youngest sibling. "Family?! Which one's your real family?! It's me, that's who! You dare to defy your elder brother, protector of the Shiba family?!"

"Stop it, Taiju!" Yuzuha-san yelled. "Don't lay a hand on Hakkai—!"

Even I was startled when Hakkai-kun finally got the guts to land Taiju a punch on his face. The ire inside me built up again when Taiju kept on mentioning the Almighty about killing his two siblings as he knocked Hakkai-kun. What a madman.

Taiju glared at us. "You bastards have to die here, too. And don't think you can run! I've got a hundred of my most powerful men surrounding the church."

Chifuyu-kun and I peeped outside the window to confirm it. Taiju wasn't lying. Takemichi and Chifuyu-kun conversed with each other and I kept hearing them talking about the future which puzzles me as if they're the only ones who understand what they're saying.

I found them smiling to themselves as they stood for battle despite their shortcomings. Their mood boosted mine, making me smile in relief even if the situation looks hopeless. Yuzuha-san confusingly stared at them.

"We're so dead," Takashi admitted, smirking.

"Right," Michi agreed with a smirk too.

"What..." Yuzuha-san questioned. "...are you all smiling about? This is no joke! You could actually die here!"

Somehow, I agreed, and yet in some way, I was still calm. The only thing bothering me was the name I heard earlier. Inui. As in... Inui Seishu? Is he really the Seishu I've heard about before? Shin-san's friend..?

"You've been protecting Hakkai all by yourself this time... Yuzuha." I heard Takashi said. "I majorly respect you."

Smiles formed on my lips, seeing Yuzuha-san shed some tears. Takashi slightly bent his body down to match her height. He patted her head and smiled.