Seven - Here

My mouth created an oval shape when we passed by the street fair displayed outside. There were tons of people going around and playing some games and bets especially teenagers. It was too far to see clearly, so we had to park the bike first.

I paid attention to Mikey positioning his Babu to park. He did it so smoothly and flawlessly that it almost seemed like he's too careful with it yet quick and smart in doing it. I placed the helmet to safety as he cooled down the engine.

I was just about to ask him if he's into arcades and street fairs when he's already at the food stall! His face brightened as his eyes sparkled in the night. He bought himself a taiyaki and annoyingly, he continued walking away with the food!

Are you kidding me? Did he seriously forget about me?!

I observed how he finished the food he literally just bought for himself and watched him enjoy some of the stall games by himself and with himself that almost made me think that he's only loving himself at this point.

This dumbass... he literally forgot I existed!

I scoffed but eventually followed him since I wasn't familiar with the area.

Mikey's eyes grew in suddenness a few minutes later when he dropped the food he's eating in panic. He moved his head to look around and I knew right away that he just literally remembered me that time.

I smirked to myself because it was my turn. I hid myself while eyeing him from the shadows. I watched him look so adorably helpless in searching all over the place while appearing so calm yet uneasy.

I realized that these things get me mad most of the time, but interestingly, not tonight. Maybe because I already expected this side of him. He's childish and mature at the same time, depending on who he's with and what his mood is.

And right now, all I could think about was how I enjoyed watching him and at the same time thinking how crazy I am for letting myself get involved with this complicated guy.

I then decided to buy him more food, but when I came back to the area where I last saw him, he was already gone. My heart jumped for a second and thought that he might've left me for real, but not too long, I found him near the exit.

Whew.

"Mikey!"

His face showed a surprised, worried, and relieved expression when he finally saw me. Somewhat, that reaction made my heart flutter a little.

I showed him the package. "You hungry?"

Mikey looked stern when I reached him. "You disappeared," Mikey seriously said.

I raised a brow. "You're the one who forgot about me, though. You literally played games and ate all the food all by yourself."

I gave him a sarcastic stare.

Of course, he forgot about that. He's Mikey.

He looked up and scratched the back of his head, thinking. "Hmm... I forgot."

I rolled my eyes with a smile. "You remembered me now. So it's fine. As long as you always come back for me."

Mikey's eyes broadened, and embarrassment immediately surrounded me just as I realized what I've just said to him.

Oh, gosh.

I panicked.

"I-I mean, as long as you don't leave me alone at t-the very end," I corrected. "Forget about that. I'm hungry!"

Mikey looked away. "You can have that."

"Huh? But I also bought it for you."

"I'm not hungry."