Sixty Four - Vagary

"Mi...key?"

Like a lump in my throat, my jaw quivered in fear. His eyes landed on my body to examine my state and that's when I realized I was tied up. Hands at the back. Feet sticked together. And was even blindfolded.

"W-what's..?"

If this really is the future... then what the heck is happening?

"You said..." I let out a disbelief exhale. "Y-you're a criminal?" I asked, swallowing hard. "B-bonten? That's... that's your new gang?"

Mikey didn't respond. He only spared me a glance in the eye then marched away after signaling a wave of hand to the others. My shoulders trembled, watching Mikey's back that I wasn't able to stop myself.

"Mikey!" I cried out.

Please tell me this isn't real.

"Tell me! What happened to you?!"

Why are you like this?

"What happened to us?!"

Why did we become like this?

"Did I..."

Is it my fault?

"Did I leave you?!"

Mikey stopped walking.

I caught up a breath, giving me a bit sense of relief, but then he turned to the guy with pink hair. He only ordered him with a look and yet he understood it immediately as he went straight to me... slapping me.

"Shut your dirty mouth!" The pink-haired guy screamed at me.

My cheek burned. My head stayed its position.

He... slapped me?

This guy...

Slowly, my eyes matched those disgusted, hatred glares of his and instantly knew.

This guy... is Sanzu.

"If you talk one more time of that crap!" He threatened, forcefully grabbing my neck with his grubby fingers, hurting me

"If you talk one more time of that crap!" He threatened, forcefully grabbing my neck with his grubby fingers, hurting me. "I'm going to kill you myself."

A sound of pain came out from my mouth as the words collapsed in my tongue. The shock of this reality affected me so much that I lost my ability to think and speak properly.

Sanzu slapped me. And Mikey... ordered it?

No... No... He wouldn't...

I might hurt you, Della.

Ah. Is this it, Mikey? What you were trying to tell me? Did your dark impulse took over you? How did I let this happen?

When Sanzu realized I was too shocked to react, he jerked his chin at the others. "Take her to whatever room. Make sure she cleans herself up so she won't smell so stinky like her cousin."