Fifty One - Scheme

"Maybe the most precious people to you didn't really treat you the same," Izana deceived. "They probably don't really care about you."

I shut my mouth.

They don't... really care...

Imagining that is... painful.

"What... do you mean?" I asked.

How can he say that?

Izana laughed through his nostrils. "Your Shin-san and your Mikey, Delle."

"What about them?" My brows met each other, anxious.

I don't think I want to hear this.

Izana moved his face closer that his nose touched my cheek

Izana moved his face closer that his nose touched my cheek. He whispered, "You're their treasure, Delle. Not because you're important but because they used you to keep their money."

I could fill the chills running down my spine as he kept whispering. "T-that's not..."

It's not true.

"Because the money the first generations had... is hidden by you."

...Huh?

"What?" I chortled and shifted my body a bit to see his face. "You're kidding me, right?"

I gulped because he might not believe it. After all... I'm from a capable family. Well, nobody knows my background, and I'm glad about that.

But I'm being honest here. I don't know a freaking thing about the first generation Black Dragons' money. And why would Shin-san leave it to me than his family, right? That's totally insane!

But... what does he mean about the other gangs targeting me? It's because of the money? That I don't even have? What the heck? So it's not just because they call me their treasure? But because they thought I literally have the treasure?!

The heck with that! Who started this nonsense?!

"You... really don't know?" He questioned when he noticed my bewilderment. I nodded repeatedly and determinedly.

Izana moved backwards when he finally believed that I really don't have them. He looked frustrated, but well, he can't do anything about that 'cause I really don't know anything about it.

So now I'm clasping my hands, hoping he won't change his mind and get me killed.

His eyes moved to my hands. Izana then glared at me. I winced just when the door opened, and it threw out Kakucho-san. I exhaled in relief when I saw his face, but it disappeared when Ran and Rindou appeared behind.

"So?" Asked Kakucho-san. He glanced at me. "Looks like you don't have it."

Yeah. I really don't. I didn't even know that Shin-san... left some money behind... Does Mikey know?

Izana grunted. "Whatever. We have Kokonoi, and Delanel has her skills. We can make use of that."

Before I could stop myself, I already said the words inside my head. "No way..." They all raised a brow at me. "You really intend to—"