Fifty Three - Abandon

"Takemichi, you idiot. You shouldn't have come," I whispered when his worried, puzzled, and surprised eyes caught mine.

Because of that, I figured that Michi and Seishu might not know that I was also a part of the bargain for them to be spared. It's pretty clear now since Koko's also shocked to see me in the gang.

Maybe that's why no one even bothered knowing my whereabouts. It's just a bit disappointing because they're aware of Koko's, Sanzu, and Yasuhiro-kun's issue, but they didn't know what happened to me.

Mikey probably knew, but since Emma's suddenly gone...

Tsk. I'm still... I'm still vengeful about it.

Emma...

Toman's furious gaze to Tenjiku transformed into that same usual expression everyone gives me

Toman's furious gaze to Tenjiku transformed into that same usual expression everyone gives me. When they finally saw me wearing Tenjiku's uniform, standing with the enemy, they all returned me that look.

I instantly knew that they were... disappointed.

Even my friends seemed that they believed what they're seeing—that I'm a traitor.

No one even knew I was just forced.

No one rescued me.

No one came.

I felt like I was abandoned.

"Chin up, our lady," Hanma said with that annoying smile of his. "You've made the best choice. You won't die..." he gestured the enemy in front. "...like they will."

I didn't utter a word because I was gradually feeling it deep inside my soul—that I'm slowly losing it.

And yet...

I wonder how Mikey's doing. Is he safe? I hope he and Draken-kun don't blame themselves. I wish they don't hurt themselves. I want to meet them.

I want to... take them away from all of this. I want to take Mikey away from this.

One of the guys that I helped the last time landed his sight on me and audibly questioned, "Isn't that... Delanel-san?"

And there it was... I was expecting this.

I expected to be a disappointment again.

"Delanel? Mizuno?"

"Hanagaki's cousin?"

"Wait, our acting leader's cousin? Toman's girl?"

Their bewilderment began to pile up. I could feel my hands shaking. I could sense the blood in my veins flowing rapidly. Even my lips began to feel dry. It's getting harder to breathe.

"Why is Tokyo Manji Gang's girl..?"

Please... stop.

"I thought she's just not active in our gang, but..."