Sixty Three - Xenization

Misty.

Blurry.

Lovely.

Loud but inaudible voices.

Peaceful yet emotional images.

At the next beat of my heart, my eyes opened from a dream

At the next beat of my heart, my eyes opened from a dream. It wasn't a vision but a memory in which I couldn't clearly recall yet the feeling's nostalgic. It was a joyful short moment, but it vanished in an instant.

It happened when I first visited Japan. I was a stranger to this strange place. My family came with me, however, I didn't spend too much time with them.

The country's eerie as I wasn't used to it, but something deep inside me told me that this feels like home. My own country is my home, and being here's like having a second home.

When I was brought back here, yes, I was in tears. Not because I hated the place, but because of my unending quarrels with my family.

But that feeling of being a stranger disappeared when I met that crying person.

"Good morning, Delle!" Aunt Sora rushed to spread a hug.

I lifted my lips a bit. "Good morning, aunt..."

She paused a second then beamed wide like she's trying to form an atmosphere that could make me feel better. After all these years, I really never thought I'd be closer to her like this.

"Your family's waiting for you downstairs for breakfast," she added, forcing my shoulders to drop. Aunt noticed. "I know we haven't been together for a long time, Delle, but I just want to say how I'm glad that you've grown beautiful and mature."

Beautiful... and mature?

I pressed my lips and was about to open my mouth when Masaru sprinted to hug me.

"Delle!"

"C-careful, Masaru!" Aunt scolded.

Masaru lifted a brow, slightly punching one shoulder of mine. He cackled when I reacted.

"Remember, cousin. It's not always bad to fight back," he advised.

"Masaru!"

I snorted, realizing what he said. I returned him the same gesture, smiling. "I get it now. Don't make your mother and father worry too much about you."

Masaru jumped both his brows playfully. "Should I say the same to you?"

I scoffed, smacking his head for real but with a bit of restraint since his mother's here. "Shut up, idiot."