Prologue

I was 11 years old when I met my first crush. He was someone simple, friendly, kind, and somewhat weird because of how he acts, dresses, and thinks. It took me a while to know him but not long enough to like him.

Every after school, I'd visit his shop and chat with him all day since there was no one waiting for me at home. He's easy to get along with and has tons of ideas with unique perspectives about life that makes me want to be with him all the time.

The only thing is I was too young back then and he was 11 years older. Of course I still had no idea about infatuation or love, but I was already starting to get the feeling of affection and attachment.

Even so, I didn't let these feelings get in the way. Maybe because it wasn't my priority. Besides, I'm aware of our age and that I'm still too young to these kind of things.

As a person, I don't usually have my curiosity with me. I let the events flow and let my thoughts follow. But there are times that I itch out of curiosity. Especially when he gets back home with black eyes, wounds, and bruises on his face, and I had to ask.

"Why are you getting into fights when you're weak?" I asked innocently.

I saw his eye twitched. He kneeled in front of me and laid down his palms so that I can put mine over his.

I waited him to say something, but instead, he squeezed my tiny hands with his huge hands. I grunted while he laughed.

"So you still call these hands weak?" He beamed.

I pointed at his face. "Your face is..."

He chuckled, getting up. "You should meet my other siblings, you'd like them," he suggested.

My heart was filled with excitement with what he said. I was excited at the possibility that we have the same age. We could be playmates or classmates or even neighbors. I patiently waited for that time to come.

However, everytime I was going to meet him, he'd be with some other girl. He confesses his feelings personally, and everytime I see him, he'd get rejected. Unwittingly, I counted how many times.

10 times.

I asked and called out to him. "Shinichiro-san..."

"Hm?" He tilted his head, staring at me

"Hm?" He tilted his head, staring at me. "That's the first time you called me that, Delle."

I was too young, but at that moment, I physically felt my face heat up.

"Uh... S-shin-san..."

"Yeah?" He smiled.

"I just want to ask..." I couldn't look at him in the eye. "...why you're so persistent?"

"Hm?"

"I mean... in confessing t-to other girls when they keep on rejecting you... It's the tenth time."