Seventy Three - Why

I cried to my sleep and didn't notice the time. I separated myself from them when we returned. They left me alone the entire day as I locked myself in my room.

I've never heard again from Rielle since then.

Experiencing all of this is like using a rope to reach for the stars. No matter how long it is, I just couldn't reach it. I just end up failing and hurting myself with these ropes I thought would help me reach them.

I hugged a pillow and again, cried to my sleep. When I woke up, Sanzu's stare surprisingly greeted me. I had to sit up straight immediately and naturally cover myself with the sheets.

I swallowed. My chest panicked. "...W-what do you want?"

Sanzu's pupils moved downwards. "Hm. Your body's still covered with our hickeys."

I flinched, now covering my whole body as I diverted my gaze

I flinched, now covering my whole body as I diverted my gaze. What the heck is wrong with this guy? Is he here to mess with me? Is this his way to hurt me? What did I even do?

"Manjiro's queen," Sanzu uttered, stepping closer to my location.

I didn't respond, but fear crept on my skin.

"Are you really Mikey's queen?" He questioned, taking me aback.

"...Huh?"

He tapped his foot, putting his palms in his pockets. "Why do you want to speak with Mikey?"

I creased my forehead. "Because I want to convince him—"

"Convince him to what?" Sanzu interrupted, moving one step nearer. "To be the happy Mikey you know? To be the old Mikey who makes you happy?"

My lips parted. I paused. "I... I don't understand—"

"You don't like what you see?" He asked. His eyes sharp. "It's still your king, you know. He's still your Mikey."

"What?"

"Are you sad that he's not happy anymore? That he's like this?"

What? Is this guy making any sense? Of course I'm not happy that he's like this! Is he stupid?

"Or are you sad because you don't benefit from him anymore?"

My eyes widened a fraction. "...What?"

Why is he saying this..?