Sixty Eight - Dorayaki

His words sent shivers down my spine, but the situation right before my eye's too perplexing and boy, was I confused when this woman swiftly stood straight when Bonten finally left that I jumped a step back in surprise.

She cracked her neck with her hands and stretched her body. My mouth hung open, witnessing this woman who was abused earlier stand tall before me like all of that was a piece of cake.

A woman a little taller but maybe the same age as me, with skin filled with bruises and scars and whose hair's now cut and a mess, making her look like a crazy witch, was now piercing her inner cheek with her tongue

Now that she's in front of me, she's actually beautiful. Really... familiarly... beautiful.

"Do I..." She turned to me. "...know you?"

I gulped down my saliva when she only stared back at me.

"Uhm, b-because you just look... Huh?"

Why's she heading towards... Huh?!

What the heck?!

With speed like Mikey's, she randomly rushed to me, and I thought my life's finally flashing before my eyes as she spun around after the run and kicked me on my stomach!

"Ack!" My back hit the wall and almost flew. "Urk! Kuh! Kuh! U-ugh. Aw, o-ouch..."

I panted with the realization.

This... is definitely not a beautiful pet. This... this is a beast! A beast with beauty sent to kill me! I'm definitely gonna die with this! I definitely can't die like this!

I crouched in pain, holding my stomach. I hurriedly raised a hand at her when she's about to approach me again. Why?!

"Ah! Ah! W-wait! Wait! Stop! I'm... I'm not a bad guy! Ugh."

That really was one heck of a kick by a woman...

Her gaze went to my trembling fingers set before her. She's not going to do that again, r-right? I didn't do anything to her so why's she pouring her anger to me instead of Bonten? Is it because I'm their woman? Tsk.

The woman smirked. Eh? That familiar smirk...

"Ladies and gentlemen, would you look at that." She snorted. "I finally managed to kick Atarah Delanel Mizuno's ass."

"...Huh?"

This voice...

"A shame though. I thought you'd at least block that. You're Phoenix's Crown, Bonten's woman, and Manjiro's queen for a reason."