Seventy - Subordinates

My eyes widened, but Sanzu already pushed me inside, leaving me no choice but to shut my mouth. I caught a glimpse of them as we drove away. Draken-kun's fist clenched. Seishu dialed his phone. Chifuyu-kun knitted his brows.

"You stupid girl," Sanzu started, scaring me. "You made eye contact with that bald guy, huh?"

I eased my racing heart. "I didn't intend to. We were both watching Hi—"

He smashed the window. I jolted in fear. "Don't you freaking lie to me!" Sanzu screamed, his hand now bleeding. "I saw you!"

I bit my lip, controlling my tears. I've been hearing yells these days, and it's scaring the heck out of me.

Even in here I couldn't defend myself...

"Is it still not enough that I decided to leave with you?" I complained, matching his glare. "I could run away with that crowd! But I didn't!"

"That's because you're scared I'd kill them!"

"No! Because... b-because..."

"What? What?!"

"What? What?!"

"It's none of your business anymore! Will you just be glad I returned with you?!"

"Hey, hey..." Ran and Rindou tried to make peace, but Sanzu pointed the gun at me. "O-oi, Sanzu..."

"Now you're threatening me with that gun?" I scoffed. "You really think my greatest fear is death?!"

He didn't budge. Sanzu clicked the bullet in place. "I'll really do it."

I flapped my arms once. "Go ahead. Maybe you can end this miserable life of mine, but please, point it at yourself too."

His brows narrowed. "...What?"

"You're miserable too, right?"

"What did you say?!"

"Dellie!" Ran scolded. He looked anxious.

I don't know where my confidence's coming from. I'm still scared, I admit, but it's better than letting these guys think they're better than me.

"Come on, you two." Rindou sighed. "Wouldn't want this pretty suit of mine be tainted by either of you."

"You..." Sanzu smirked impatiently. "You're making me want to pull this trigger and not regret it."

My stern expression shifted as finally, another vision appeared after a long time. Only, it wasn't a future vision, rather... a memory of the past? And it wasn't my memory? Huh?