Seventy Seven - Executives

"Wait, wait. I'm exhausted," I excused, wiping sweats off my forehead. "Let's take a break."

Mizen didn't let go of my wrist. "No."

I breathed out, panting with heavy breaths as my lungs try their best to proceed with my respiration. "But my body can't take it anymore, Mizen."

"Just a little longer."

"I'm giving in."

"Keep it together."

"Mizen, I can't."

"You can, Delanel."

"Mizen."

I groaned, taking back my wrist from his hold. That made Mizen pause. He shook his head as I grasped both my knees, taking deep breaths. We've been literally walking for forty minutes nonstop. I don't even freaking know where we're headed.

I suddenly got deja vu with all this walking on a blue-gray painted, seven-floored stairs of the newest building with 73 floors. Haha. That's why he said to wear something formal yet comfortable.

Mizen sighed, showing his palm. "I apologize that the elevator's unfixed. But time is running. If you're tired, let me carry you."

I looked at him with a frowning pout. Sigh, why do I get tired easily? It's irritating.

"Fine," I replied, awkwardly placing myself behind him, my hands struggling where to put them.

Mizen carefully but hastily grabbed my hands, hanging it over his shoulders from the back. I gasped as he pulled my legs up behind him.

"H-hey..."

I knew I shouldn't have let Luna choose this pencil skirt.

"What?"

"Your hands are..." tickling my skin. I wrapped my arms around his neck, settling myself at his back as he carried me. "Never mind." I grinned. "I'm heavy, so don't you complain, huh."

Mizen gave a quick, proud laugh. "I'm used to this."

"Eh?"

"For years, you being a sleepyhead remains the same, and I'm in charge of carrying you."

My mouth opened. "A-ah... haha, I see."

So he's used to this... Wait. He's used to this?! This kind of thing?! What? How unbothered are you, future self?!

"And you still get tired quickly," he added. I slightly flinched when his fingers tightened. "But... you never really liked me carrying you."

"Let me guess, 'cause I still hate you?" I laughed.

"No," Mizen answered seriously. "It's because you still want him."

I don't really know how that affects this, but I have nothing else to say, so I zipped my lips shut. Mizen proceeded walking up stairs until we finally reached the steel door with a phoenix bird carving. He gently let me down and we both fixed ourselves.

"This is the exclusive room only for the executives and the chief," he explained, gesturing the mysterious spot. "It's soundproof and guarded with CCTVs."