Chapter 13

"These bitches need to calm down. It's too early to be screetching." I hear Ryvers voice grunt as footsteps get closer to the kitchen. I feel like I shouldn't have just put that large bite off eggs into my mouth, I must seem like a freaking pig, Ryver groans out as he steps into the kitchen, his eyes immediately finding me. "Why can't you guys just stick to bunnies in the club? At the very least, they're aware of the situation." Before taking his own plate of eggs.

"It's good to sample new things now and again, Prez," Liam grumbles.

I'm quite sure they're not talking about the food when they say "sample," they're talking about pussies, and I wish I had cotton to stuff into my ears.

"I suppose so," he mutters before returning his gaze to mine and slowly blowing over his egg-covered fork.

I gently place my fork on my plate, embarrassed, but my gaze remains fixed on Ryver. I try not to glance down at his chest, his gorgeous eyes have me intrigued. I squirm a little in my seat as I lose the battle and notice his six pack of abs and his magnificent tattoos covering his chest and arms because he didn't bother to put on a shirt. He must have seen me squirming since a slight grin appears on his lips just before he bites into his food.

"I need to go into town for cooking supplies today, Ryver. We're on the verge of running out of food "Laura informs him.

"Alright. Is the bank card I gave you still valid?" He finally takes his eyes off of me and turns them on her after eating the eggs, and I despise the sense of envy coursing through my veins that he took his eyes off of me for another woman, and I admonish myself. Don't be stupid, Ash; this is a business conversation, but a part of me wonders if they've ever accomplished anything.

Before she turns her body towards me and asks, "Would you like to come with me?" she confirms her yes with him.

"I'd love to." I tell her with a nod, I'm delighted and excited that she would like to do something with me, thinking about how lovely it would be to make another female friend, but her stern voice cuts me short.

"No," he growls, not even bothering to look at me anymore because he is too preoccupied with eating to pay attention to anything else.

"No?" The question was written clearly over my face in confusion; I must have misheard him because he is not attempting to speak for me right now.

"No" he repeats again, his voice becoming ice cold. My arms are getting goose bumps because I can feel the cold air surrounding me.

"Did you honestly just say no to me going with her to grocery shop?" A ring of surprise could be heard in my voice. Who the hell does he think he is! When I stare at him, I squint my eyes, as if begging him to look at me.

'Yes, I did!' He snarls, dropping his fork hard onto the counter, causing me to shrink back for a brief moment as a flashback of my husband getting mad over a dish I had messed up that he wanted me to try rushes through my mind, but I quickly shake it out and remember that this is Ryver, not my abusive asshole of a husband.

"Why?" That nonsense isn't going to fly with me anymore, I shriek, enraged that he's trying to control what I do. In my life, no mother fucking male will ever tell me what to do again.

"Well, you're not the my boss of me, so-" I reply sarcastically as I get off the bar stool and onto my feet.

"You will obey me because I am your boss" He snarls and leaps from his seat, forcing my eyes to widen in response to his quick action.

"You understand what I'm talking about!" I snarl back and raise my hands.

"You are not permitted to leave the clubhouse." He grunts and takes a step closer to me, which causes me to back up. "Don't even think of backing away from me."

"Don't try to control me," Even if my minds screaming for me to run before I'm hit, I snap and keep my feet planted on the ground.

"I'm not, but it's dangerous! What happens if your husband finds you, Ashley?" When the word husband is mentioned, his voice becomes rough and forceful with emotion.

"Ryver I mean, I've been on my own for weeks and he still hasn't found me, okay? Your concern is appreciated, but-" I try to calm him down by telling him that I understand his concern, but he cuts me off again, making me want to smash something and I'm sure Laura wouldn't appreciate me breaking any dishes.

"Concern? You actually think I'm just concerned?" He growls and takes another large stride towards me, his body so near to mine that I can feel his breath on my cheek.