Chapter 16

●Ryvers POV●

"Let's get back to our meeting, brothers!" I grunt while taking my seat at the head of the table and pounding on the gravel, bringing the conversation back to a halt.

"Can we just talk about Slade laughing for the first time?" Grunts Talen sending Slade a smirk trying to get on his real brother's nerves. That's right they are not just club brothers they are real brother's. Talens the oldest and takes alot of the blame for what his brother went through because he couldn't keep him safe but that's bullshit. None of us could really do anything. We were all 6 when we were taken but Slade, he was only 3 years old and because of that his emotions are a lot more damaged than the rest of us are.

All my brothers take on the weight of not being able to get all the boys out, some we couldn't get to and just left them there. We didn't want to, but we didn't have a choice. Talen and Liam were my closet friends in that hell hole and Slade was starting to get sicker and sicker, we had no choice but to get out. We took as many with us as we could but we didn't save everyone. I was mentally and physically the strongest of the 3 of us so I took charge of the escape plan.

I killed the most people to get us out of there and it was my decision to leave the others once I knew if we stayed any longer we would have all been caught and possibly killed. My brain knows I did the right thing but my emotions tell me otherwise every single day. I did what I had to do to save my friends, they was the only real family I had and I didn't want to loose them.

Once we escaped we snuck onto a plane and came to the US, we lived on the streets for a while until we got involved with a local gang selling drugs, it wasn't what we wanted but it was the best way for people like us to make money. All of us saved our money until we found and brought this place, somewhere big enough for us all to live together and that's when we decided to form a motorcycle club. We loved riding and we will never be okay enough to work well with others, it was the best option we had.

Over the years a few men joined us, some from the army days that a few of us did and that needed a place to feel okay and we took them in as friends until they were ready to join us. We also find street kids and make them prospects for our club, we rag them and call them the runts but we really are all happy to help them have a better life.

"Fuck off Brother" Slade snarls while flipping Talen the middle finger, which only causes Talen to snort in amusement.

"We've got a lot of stuff to talk about, so let's get started. Ace, you've been dismissed from today's meeting. You're going to be on babysitting duty. You're going to be following Ashley and Laura around. Something happeneds, and you'll have to wait longer to become a patch member. Get the fuck out! "I grunt at him, and I'm impressed that he doesn't even complain about babysitting two females while they shop; instead, he just nods and walks out of the room.

"Liam I want you to pay a visit to the rat in the basement. Most of you are unaware of the real reason Ashley came here looking for a job; she has been living inside her car and she is actually running from her abusive husband, and while under our roof, that female was injured by another male. Before you burn the prospect patch from his vest, I fucking want to make him feel that pain ten times worse "My blood pressure starts to rise as I snarl at him, seeing her bruised cheek this morning made me want to go down there and put a bullet in his head but Liam has his demons and this is his job as my Sergeant at Arms. He dishes out the punishments.

Talen spits, "Fuck now I feel terrible," and slams one of his fist down on the table.

"Don't worry, Prez. He'll bleed "With a snarl of his own, Liam voice and face hardens while he looks to me, and I can see his demon flashing in his eyes, ready to inflict agony on that mother fucker.

"Blue," I say as I point to our newest prospect; we used to have three with that fucker downstairs, but now there are only two. Blue and Ace. We gave him the moniker "Blue" since he likes to dye his hair bright blue.

"Yes sir Prez?" As I call out his name, he sits up straighter in his chair, looking ready for whatever job I have for him.

"I'd like you to make a sign that reads, "No patch, You pay. Ashley had a run-in with a bitch last night, and since she was harmed by one of our own, I believe we should do something to ensure she doesn't have to deal with any unnecessary drama." I let out a grunt.

"Yes sir" he says jumping out the chair and rushing out the door, probably to go do as asked him, he is so eager to impress us he doesn't even wait for my dismissal. I'll have to speak to him about that later but it's fine prospects are used to leaving the meeting early to do whatever we tell them to do and are not needed for the business part of the meeting.

"How is the businesses going?" I turn in my chair to look at Bandit, his the club Treasure. His our money man he is the one that would take a part in our pay checks and save them so we wouldn't spend it all on dumb shit, hense his name Bandit. Messing with our money is like taking a thief's money bag. You won't get out of that alive but we all appreciate him for it now.

"The strip club and car garage are both doing good Prez. The income is steadily coming up. No problems" he grunts out while looking over one of his famous spread shits.

"Good. We have a run going down in two days. I'll need most of you on this, its a big load and we can't have anything fuck with it." I snarl at the memory of those fucking Blackhearts attempt to steal our guns last year.

Most of our income is made through our legal businesses but on the side we do a little bit of arm dealing to bring in alot of extra money. None of us have houses right now so all of our banks are heavy and we enjoy that. Having nothing as kids and then having nothing as teenagers has made us all have a need to have a lot of money, none of us really even spend it. We just like feeling secure.

We don't have not done many illegal runs through out the years but every once in a while my boys and I like to feel the adrenaline rushing through our bodies making us all still feel alive.

"Ill go along with Talen, Slade, Bandit and I'll probably take Blue with us. I want Ace on Ashley for a while to make sure her husband doesn't come around. Liam, I need you to stay behind and protect the clubhouse," as soon as that leaves my mouth, I know it's going to start a fight with my Sergeant at Arms.

"The fuck no! My job is to protect you" he snarls sitting straighter in his seat no longer feeling or looking relaxed.

"I have told you brother, your job is to protect this club. I will have enough of our men to protect me" I grunt out hating even discussing my need for protection. I don't need it but fuck sake all the men in this club insist on it. They won't ever say it, they won't ever admit it but they are all scared to lose me.

"I am the best which is why I should go to protect you" he grunts loudly" That's why you gave me my title" he adds with a grumble.

"We all gave you that title because that's exactly what you always have been to us, our protection. Taking beatings off us, taking the blame for what we did. Going without food for days just so we all wouldn't starve because we couldn't fight as well as you" I snarl at him needing to remind him of the real reason we chose him for this position.

"I'll go to make sure our Prez is saved if he gets hurt" another patched member that came here with us Stitch says in a calming tone trying to make Liam feel a little better for not being able to be with me. Stitch is our club doctor and has saved all of our asses at least once while growing up. His one smart son of a bitch.

"He wouldn't get hurt if I was there" Liam mumbles before sighing loudly in defeat and Tracer pats him on the back saying.

"Its cool brother think of all the pussy we will get while the pretty boys are away" he jokes, which causes a small laugh to escape Liam's throat before going right back to looking like an annoyed bear.

"Anything eles we need to discuss before I end our meeting?" I asked while looking around to each of my brothers, making sure everyone's in agreement with everything we discussed. They all shake their heads no and I bang the gavel down hard on the table officially ending church.