Chapter 27

I'm back behind my bar for the night because Laura said she was going to go and pass out in her bed. I'm tired and drunk and just want to go do the same but I can't because Ryver done gave me all that money for the week so I could go shopping. I don't even know why they need a bartender, they could fix thier own drinks this late at night. It's just the brothers and a few random women I never seen before.

"Hey babe" Ryver says coming to sit on a bar stool infront of me.

"Hey" I say while closing my eyes hopefully the beer and weed cocktail ain't trying to come up.

I don't feel good.

"I'm sorry I been so busy most of the day. We have a couple of runs coming up that I needed to make sure everything was good on and I had payroll" He says with a roll of his eyes. "I should get Bandit to do this shit"

"Want to go for a ride?" He askes his eyes twinkling.

"I'm not even sure I could be able to hold onto you" I giggled softly. I would absolutely love to go for a ride but not like I am now I can barely keep my legs straight to hold me up. "But another time absolutely!"

"What have you been doing while I been slaving away in my office?" He grins leaning over the table placing his hands over mine.

I don't know if it's my heart swooning for this guy or just my drunk high ass making my body sway, possibly both.

"Well. First I was behind here but nobody was coming and the ones that did just would grab thier own shit so I got bored, Laura and Tracer got into a little argument and she went off to dance and I wanted to have fun with her. We drank beer and then we stole one of Slades blunts" I giggled out. Watching the big man just hand over his blunt without a word is something funny. I wouldn't have had the balls to ask though.

"You ever done weed in your life baby?"He asked with a sexy as hell grin.

Ah goodness.

"Hell no. You think Dan would allow that? Fuck no. I drank a glass of wine one time and it ended up smashed against the wall before he smashed my face-" I was cut off by my own laugh not laughing at the situation I was in I just found what I said funny.

Blame the beer.

Blame the weed.

"That's not fucking funny Ashley" Ryver growls out looking pissed as hell right now.

Oops.

"I know it's not I'm just drunk Ryver give me a break" I roll my eyes at him before walking around the bar and slowly wrap my arms around his neck bringing my lips close to his but don't kiss him.

"I know your drunk I can cleary see your drunk but to talk about your husband doing that to you just pisses me off. I should find him and kill him." He snarls trying to pull back from me.

"No you shouldn't he isn't worth going to jail over" I tighten my arms around him to let him know I don't want him to go anywhere even if his being a bit of a grumpy ass.

"For what he did to you I should-" he starts cut but I cut him off I definitely don't want Ryver to go to jail because of Dan and because of me.

I wouldn't like to go visit him in prison.

"You don't even know all of it Ry. The stuff you know isn't even that bad. He did something way fucking worse and it happened to me not you so chill the fuck out" I say before he can continue trying to just make him relax a bit. "It's okay I got away I'm right here."

"What eles did he do?" He snarls bringing his hand to my face forcing me to look up at him when I try to turn away.

My damn fucking drunk mouth.

I wasn't ready to tell Ryver about the baby yet I'm still.. trying to get over it.

I was in bed for weeks after I lost him or her and Dan wasn't helping me. I just didn't care what he did to me anymore I wanted to die myself so when he would come into our bedroom and try to drag me out the bed by beating me, I just laid there and took it at the time.

I know that's bad to say but the head space I was in just wasn't good. I felt horrible for the baby that I lost but then I felt grateful that I lost it because what kind of father would Dan have been?

"I don't want to talk about it Ryver." I whimpered out wishing I could get the scene out of my head as I laid there at the bottom of our stairs holding my belly feeling something wet start flowing under me and the worse pain I ever felt in my life.

I hate myself for thinking my baby was better off dead and away from Dan thats the one thing that fucks me up about what happened.

"I told you a little bit about my past Ashley and that wasn't easy on me but I did it for us for whatever the fuck we are doing here but you have to be open with me. I can't help you heal if I don't know what I'm trying to help you heal from" He whispers wrapping his arms around me spreading his legs wide so that my body falls into his.

"I know and I'm trying.. I'm trying to open up but something Ry are just too hard on me to think about and right now I'm not even in a good mind state to even be thinking about it" I whispered back to him hopeing that he understands.

I'm not trying to just not tell him I'm trying to gather the courage because what if after I tell him he looks at me differently?

"Okay then. Why don't I take you back to my room and I make you forget those bad memories for a little while?" He growls bringing his mouth to my neck before bitting down gently.

Oh yes.

"Yes please" I whimpered as I felt his teeth digging into my skin.