Chapter 25

A few minutes later after we just hold each other Ryver said he needed to go check on somethings so I decided to go get dressed and head to the bar. He still never really told me the days I should work so I can just go see just incase and try to take my mind off of everything that we just talked about.

Not forgetting what he said persay, just you know try and put those things in the back of my head for a little while, I have my own demons I need to over come and right now, I can't let his become mine.

Not just yet.

I have to learn to fix myself first before I try to help him fix himself.

I toss on a purple shirt and slide into a pair if blue jeans I had bought yesterday and start to head to the bar. When I round the door to the main room, I see a couple of the boys sitting around on the couches sipping on a few bottles of beer and just chatting with each other and then of course I see Cherry, with her boobs almost popping out of her shirt and a skirt that actually reveled a bit of her panties.

Ugh.

So gross.

I don't know why she dresses like that, I mean obviously I know why she wants the attention from the bikers but jeez she looks like a hooker, like she is begging for any of these guys to flip her over something and fuck her brains out.

Shaking my head I head towards the bar and start to wipe down the counter, looks like someone left spilled liquid on the counter and then i stop myself mid wipe and a horrified expression crosses my face. I hope its actually alcohol and not you know.

Ughhh fuck that's nasty even thinking about that.

"You okay girl?" I hear Liams voice breaking through my nasty thoughts and I look up to see a curious expression written all over his face.

"Yeah I'm good. We talked" I tell him as I finish cleaning up the counter definitely keeping those nasty thoughts out of my head because I'm telling you now, I find out that wasn't alcohol I will flip my shit completely loose my damn mind.

"Did that talk make you look at him any differently?" He asked, and I guess his curious about that, I don't mind him asking his questions, his worried about his friend and I can respect that.

"Um no not at all. I'm still not okay with what happened obviously but I understand what happened." I keep it short not wanting to talk about me and Ryvers private conversation with anyone right now.

"That's good." He says before knocking his knuckles on the counter before walking away, I guess that was a goodbye?

Complicated bikers!

"Beer" I'm jerked out of my thoughts again by another biker, one I have not seen before and I look up and oh my goodness and no definitely not oh my goodness he is hot well I mean, of course his good looking but no.

No.

That's not why I said that at all.

This man infront of me is huge and big, bigger then Ryver and it makes me want to shrink back behind and under this damn counter. He has a scar on the left side of his face and I swear my throat has given up on letting any words flow up it.

His scary as shit.

He looks like if I say the wrong thing he is going to freaking snap me in half, you know like someone does with a actually tree limb?

I widen my eyes as I stare up at him, scared, too scared to say a word and I'm trying my best to get my head out my ass and say a word, I don't want him to think I'm rude, it's just I don't know.

The way he carries himself, he knows his scary and hell his even more scary than Liam and that's fucking saying something.

"Names Slade" He grumbles out raising one of his eyebrows at me as if his waiting for me to say something.

"Ash-" Oh my God I just sounded like a damn mouse, I clear my throat and try again. "Ashley"

"Yeah I know, I just wanted to hear you say it. I heard what you said about church. Your a funny girl Ashley" He grins up at me as I quickly hand him a beer hoping that will make this big man go away.

"I wasn't trying to be funny, I just didn't know yall called yalls meetings church" I say with a shrug.

"Yeah I know that's the funny part. Don't worry girl, Prez told us a little about your situation and I know your probably scared shitless of me but don't worry I won't harm you" he says with a wink taking the beer from my hand and walking away from me.

He won't harm me?

Well that's good to fucking know, maybe my heart will calm down now.

I feel like a bitch for even thinking about him hurting me just by how he looks, but it's not my fault years of abuse fuck with your head but now that I know I'm kinda at least a little safe from him, I will try better.