Chapter 38

I ended up telling Ryver that if he means what he told me a few moments ago, he is going to have to prove it to me. I left him standing alone in the kitchen and when I headed out of the kitchen; I saw Laura and Tracer talking. I hope they are having the conversation somewhat like the one Ryver and I just had.

I want all four of us to be happy. Laura deserves for Tracer to step up, just like I deserve it from Ryver. I didn't tell Ryver I'd take him back right away. No. I had a toxic relationship once, and I'm not looking to rush heels first into another one. I also didn't tell him no. I told him he needed to prove to me he wanted me to be his old lady.

Starting with Cherry. That bitch needs to go. I can't live here happily with Ryver if that woman is dancing around, claiming to be riding his dick every night. I believed him when he told me he hasn't been around her like that, even so, what woman wants to hear that from a bitch, her man used to fuck with?

Not this one.

He told me he would deal with it as soon as he saw her and I know where she is, dancing topless on the center table of the den, surrounded by drunk men. So I'm waiting to see if he will stick to his word and handle it. I don't know how he exactly intends to do that, but I can't wait for the bitch to be put in her place.

So here I am. Standing alone leaning against the wall when I see Slade walking towards me a grin on his face. He could at least look a little guilty for being a rat.

I'd never call him that, though. I know how these men are and something tells me he wouldn't take too kindly in me calling him a rat.

“Slade.” I tipped my head up towards him in acknowledgement and didn't say another word. He knows what he did.

“Oh come on, girl. Stop acting like I tattled on you and Laura. She ignored me, too. You should both be thanking me. I didn't come right out and mention y'all was hiding like scared bunnies in the kitchen.” He shrugged.

Bunnies?

“I was not hiding like a bunnies” I snorted and tried my best not to let the laugh that was trying to escape be heard.

“You were. You want a man like Ryver you can't act like that. People around here would take advantage of that real quick. Just like that Cherry bitch.” He grunted before taking a sip of his beer. “We all have our demons, Ashley. Ryver has taken a lot on for us. Just give him a chance. I told him to get his head out of his ass and I think he listened.”

“He did.” I whispered, letting Slade realize that whatever little talk he had with Ryver helped. “Thank you, Slade. You're not such of a scary asshole as I first thought, you know.” I knocked my shoulder against him, so he understood it was just a joke.

I mean, it wasn't I feared him at first, but I don't need nor want him to know that.

“Nah girl. I am an asshole. You just don't deserve that side of me. You're too sweet for this place, but I'm glad you made your way in any way.” Slade shrugged before heading towards the bar where a few of the other members were sitting around.

Out of the corner of my eye I catch Ryver walking out of the kitchen looking around the room. My eyes land on who caught his eyes and it's Cherry. My heart sinks a little inside my chest as I wait to see what he is going to do. I told him. Her or me. He needed to pick. We both can't live under this roof if he wanted me to give him another chance. I will not deal with her claws a minute longer.

“Turn the music off!” Ryver growled, making everyone in the room stop speaking with each other.

Tracer, who was near the bar speaking to Laura, walked over towards the speaker and just pulled the plug, cutting the music off while watching Ryver closely.

“Everything okay Prez?” Talen asked as he came to stand near Ryver followed by Liam who, now that I think about it, always appears to be close to Ryver. He takes his title seriously, and I'm happy that Ryver has such good friends around him.

“From today on, a few rules will be in place and those of you who do not follow we will throw them out. No begging. No pleading. For those of you who are patched members some of these also apply to you.” Ryver says and begins to lay out the new policies of the Burning Devil's MC.

Rule number one: the woman that patched members bring in for whatever reason will always be respected. They are not to be talked down to. Sweet butts are no longer to speak a word to them. Sweet butts are here for one reason and one reason only to entertain the club members, not to run their mouth to other women who they deem a threat.

Rule number two. If a man in this club, patched member or not raises a hand intending to hurting a woman inside these walls, they will be thrown out. If they are a matched member, I will burn your tattoo off your body and your patched cut-off from your vest and that's the least you will be getting.

Rule number three. If a man takes an old lady, that old lady is to be respected. If you disrespect her, you will also disrespect the patched member who gave her his property patch.

“Cherry come here.” Ryver demanded in a hard tone and watched as she swayed her body towards him after jumping on the table.

“Yes baby?” She purred, raising her hand and place his on his chest, making me see red.

“Do not touch me, bitch.” Ryver growled and pushed her away from him. Not too gently, if I may add. “You are done here. No more running your mouth to Ashley about you and me. You and me ain't nothing. We were never nothing and we will always be nothing. You were a hole I stuck my dick into when I wanted to cum. That's it. That's all you were good for. Do you understand? You have been talking so much shit to my girl that you fucked up things for me. Made her assume I wasn't loyal to her when I have not touched you since she got here. The only reason her and I were apart is that I didn't think I deserved her. Not the other way around. The problem was me. Not her. She is perfect. Not a single bitch will ever compare to her in my eyes. Now pack your shit and get the fuck out of my sight. If you ever set foot inside my clubhouse again, you will fucking regret it.” He snarled and turned her back on her and headed straight towards me.

I guess that was him handling it.

I hear Cherry scream in frustration.

“You will pay for this, asshole. I kept you happy for years before that ugly bitch came here. I was going to be your old lady, you know it! You know you couldn't stay away from my pussy. That's why you're sending me away. You know, you fucking know you will crawl back begging to be inside me even if she is warming your cold bed” Cherry screeched and stomped her foot like a child throwing her little tantrum.

Before I could react in what I wanted to do, Laura pushed past Tracer, raised her small fist and smashed Cherry's face. I watched as Cherry screamed, grabbed her face and fell backwards.

“Nobody talks about my girl like that, you cunt.” Laura shouted back and raised her fist again, letting it hang over Cherry's face as she continued her rant. “If you ever come back here, I will make your face so unrecognizable that no man, drunk or not, will want to fuck you. Fake ass bitch.”