Chapter 22

One thing I'm thankful for is that the rooms in the compound lack windows, which is ideal for sleeping late. However, thank god I needed to pee and woke myself up because I need to get out to the bar and do my job.

Ryvers strong hands are encircling me and I'm having difficulty rising; I've tried wiggling my body down, up, and to the side, but those arms won't budge an inch. I'm forced to awaken him, which makes me feel terrible because he looked exhausted prior to us crashing out a few hours ago.

"Ryver" I whisper out softly not wanting to startle him awake. Who would want to be woken up by someone yelling at them.

Not me.

"Ryver, you need to let me go," I say louder this time, but he still doesn't move or even stop his cute little snore.

Oh.
My. Goodness.

Did I just say that Rvers' snoring was cute? Get a hold of yourself, Ash. A man like this will take offense if someone says something they do is cute.

"Ry, I need to get to the bar," I say, but this time I give his shoulder a gentle shake, and this time it registers with him, because he is suddenly pushing his weight on top of me, his hand tightly wrapped around my throat.

"Do not fucking touch me, bitch," he snarls against my face, he looks so frightening that I have to press my legs together to avoid peeing on myself. "I fucking told you last time you touched me you wouldn't get another chance"

What the fuck?

Who does he think I am?

"Its me Ryver. Ashley "I screamed when I felt his fingers tighten around my throat, suffocating me; I'm terrified right now. His portrayal of my husband is all I can feel at the moment; all I can feel are my husband's cruel hands on me, and I can barely breathe.

"Let me go!" I scream into Ryvers face, and thank god someone heard me before I hear footsteps running into the room and Ryvers body being yanked away from me as Liam tackles Ryver to the floor next to the bed.

"Wake the fuck up, boss. It's a just a dream man . We are no longer in that hell. Come on, Prez, you're frightening your girl right now "Liam grunts in response to Ryver's fiscous swing towards his face, which he fortunately avoids.

"Prez, wake the fuck up! " Liam screams in Ryver's face before slamming him to the ground on his back.

"What the fuck-" Ryvers's slurring voice begins as he sits up, his confused eyes locked on Liam.

"Why are you in my room? You are aware that I am in here with Ashley-"

"Yes, Prez, but you had a dream and you was hurting your girl," Liam says softly as he pushes himself up from the floor and stands beside the bed, staring intently at my throat.

"What?" Growls Ryver as he swings his head in my direction his eyes locking in on my neck.

I'm still so terrified that I haven't spoken a word; Ryvers eyes are now fixed on the hand covering my neck, and he appears to be about to vomit. He appears to be ill and enraged at the moment.

"Oh god-" he groans as he moves closer to me, which only causes my terrified self to scoot across the bed in an attempt to get away from him.

He just tried to suffocated me.

I was choked.

His hand was encircling my neck.

Thats the only thoughts that keep running through my head right now.

"N-no" I whisper out in a raspy voice holding my other hand out to stop him from getting near me.

"Ashley. Baby. Im so sorry please let me explain-" he rushes out looking so scared and pulling at his hair hard with his hands jerking his hand around.

"I'll give yall some privacy" Liam mutters softly but I'm to scared to stay with Ryver alone right now.

"Yes please fucking do that" Ryver growls out in frustration at the same time I beg Liam not to go.

"No please. Stay" I cried out, getting ready go jump out the bed in fear.

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck" Ryver keeps repeating that word over and over.

"Look. Prez isn't a bad guy, you know this. He gave you a job and a place to stay when he didn't need go. The boss are more than happy to fix our own drinks if we have too. We all had a tough childhood and have reasons behind our issues and all im asking is that you just try to understand what he needs to tell you and not judge us because we don't like to talk about it." Liam says as he leans back against the wall closing his eyes tightly, I guess his rembering the bad memories.

"He just choked me! One moment he was holding me and the next I felt him trying to actually take my breath from me!" I snapped. I don't care what excuse they can come up with this is bullshit, my husband did that same shit I'm not stupid.

"I know and I'm sorry baby, I would have never done that to you if I would have been awake" he begs me but doesn't make another move to try to get close to me.

"You're sorry. Do you know how many times I have heard that word from my husband and how many times he just did it again" I yell out finally taking my hand from my throat letting him see exactly what he just did to me because I know my throat looks horrible because I can still feel his fingers against my skin, I know my skin has his finger print marks.

"It's not the same. I don't abuse women. I was having a nightmare baby, that's not fair-"

"No, you know what's not fair, Ryver? Is that I finally found the courage to run away from a man and to think I found a good one, but only to be disappointed this morning when he tried to hurt me" I don't even yell this time, I say all that in a low sad voice because I'm tired. Just once I want someone to protect me. To keep me from being hurt instead I keep having to try to protect myself and it's exhausting.

"Please. Let me explain baby. Please. I'm actually begging you. Let me explain to you" he sits down at the foot of the bed and pleads with me, I can see unshed tears in his eyes as he looks at my neck.

"Fine. 5 minutes. When you're done and if I want to leave I want both of yalls promises that I will be allowed to without any fussing and without me getting hurt"

"Hurt?" Liam asked.

"Yes seems like I keep getting hurt here" I snapped.

"Just let him explain. You have my promise. Your free to go and if anyone tries to stop you, I will handle it. I will be outside. Dont tell her more about the brothers than you have to Ry. Its not our place." He says then walks out the door leaving the me alone with Ryver.