Chapter 17

After I went say sorry to Ryver, I came back into my room to get dressed. I'm feeling so much better I feel like Ryver and I are definitely on better terms than we was before so that makes me feel a little bit calmer about the situation. I don't have many things to change into so I just grabbed a blue shirt and a pair of light jeans from one of the bags that was next to my door this morning. One of the men must have gathered me things from my truck at some point.

When I'm done changing, I throw my hair up in a messy bun and walk out the door. As I travel down the corridor, I notice images on the walls of guys when they were younger; in some of the photos, they appear to be in their teenage years. Wow, I had no idea the majority of them grew up together, that's incredible. They must all be extremely close friends.

As I make my way into the main room, I hear Ryver call out "Ashley." Taking a deep breath, I finally take the time to notice how attractive this man is.

He is tan and his hair is dark, and he has tattoos covering the skin on both arms. As he walks over to me, those blue eyes shine brightly, making it difficult for me to swallow my own spit. Why does he have to be so attractive?

"Yes, Ryver," I stammer, hoping he doesn't notice me staring at his body, which would be embarrassing.

My eyes quickly jumped away from his and look around at the couple of club whores sitting around the sofas,like last night they are barely dressed some just in a long shirt and thongs. Suddenly I feel self conscious about my body. Ryver wouldn't want me with all these sexy women around, sure they are whores for the men in the club but them compared to me I feel like Im on the loosing end.

"Keep in mind that Ace will be following you. Stay close to him when you leave the compound. He will be your guardian when I am not present. Pay attention to what he says. Give him none of the sass you give me. I may think it's cute at times, but it's nothing more than you disobeying me when it comes to your safety" When he sees my eye roll at the word obey he smirks; but his face returns serious.

"I appreciate it. I'll be fine." To make him believe me, I kept the "sass" out of my tone. I don't want to start a fight with him after we appeared to have worked things out.

"Good. Laura was walking outside a few minutes ago, so I'm sure she was waiting for you. Always be aware of your surroundings. If anything happens when I get you back here, I'll turn your ass so red you won't be able to sit for week "He smirks as I grow tired of his bossy demeanor.

"You wouldn't dare hit me Ryver," I snarled, placing my hands on my hips in preparation for our next fight.

"No, babygirl, I'd never hit you, but if you don't stay safe, I'll smack your ass," he laughs as he walks back towards the bar where Talen and Liam are sitting.

I narrow my eyes at him for a few seconds before walking out the door, only to be stopped by a brunette wearing only a purple tank top, no bra, and a pair of black thongs.

"Stay away from Ryver, he's mine," she snarls, narrowing her eyes and drawing my attention to the old make-up that still coats her eyes. Did she forget to wash her face?

"Excuse me?" I'm not sure if I heard her correctly, so I'd like her to repeat what she just said.

"Keep your hands from my man!" She grunts as two blondes approach her with their hands on their hips and a sneer on their faces.

"Your man?" I ask softly, feeling my heart stop inside my chest at those words. Ryver and her are in a relationship? What the fuck. He was kissing on me last night while she and him are together? I'm not a fucking slut, and I don't ruin people's relationships. I'm not a home wrecker!

"I'm going to be his old lady, and I don't appreciate you flirting with him," she snarls. "You're ugly, you're fat, and you look so stuck up around my girls that a tree stick must be up your ass."

"H-how dare you!" I can't keep my voice from stuttering in response to her words. Calling me ugly and discussing my weight has brought back nothing but the images of my husband snarling at me and calling me names having me close to tears.

"Keep your hands off him, and you and I will be fine. He prefers it rough in bed, so I doubt your washed-up body will ever satisfy him "She gives me a nasty smirk before walking away with her friends.