Chapter 14

"Calm down and stop growling and snarling at me; you aren't a beast!" To keep from tossing the leftover eggs on my plate at his foolish attractive face, I cross my arms over my chest.

"Did you actually pay attention to anything I said last night, Ashley?" He growls again, but this time it's a little softer.

"Yeah, you called me a cock blocker," I scream as I turn away from him, desperate to get out of this kitchen and the unsuspecting audience we've been arguing in front of.

"That was not my I meant! What I meant was about you respecting me." He snarls, but thankfully, he appears to be cooling down.

"Ryver I respect you, but you have no control over what I do while I'm not working. Work doesn't begin until later tonight. I'm free to go grocery shopping "I tell him gently, trying to calm myself down.

"That isn't why I don't want you to go out. Forget about it. Ace will ride behind you two on his bike, and I don't want either of you to say anything stupid. Either Ace goes or Ashley doesn't." He snarls before exiting the room, and a few seconds later, we all hear a door slam shut more forcefully than required, giving me a minor fright.

"Damn, I don't believe I've ever seen Prez so worked up before," Liam grunts, and I feel terrible that Ryver and I just did that in front of all of these people, his club brothers, whom he warned me not to disrespect him in front of. The quilt begins to swim around in my stomach, making me want to vomit up my breakfast.

"I- I'm sorry, I don't know or understand what just happened... he's so confusing," I whisper, my gaze fixed on the door that Ryver had just exited.

"Seems like you enjoy getting him worked up," Talen grumbles as he rises. "I'm going to see him," he announces to the other men in the stable before exiting the room.

Great, I just chased two men out of the kitchen, ugh, this was not how I wanted my morning to start. I just wanted to be able to work and save money for my own place. I don't need all of this drama, and I don't need to be arguing with Ryver.

After thanking Laura for the lunch, the other guys swiftly leave the room, leaving Laura and me alone in the kitchen, me alone with my thoughts and quilt. I shouldn't be acting like this toward Ryver; he was kind enough to offer me a job and let me sleep here, and I'm repaying him by being a colossal bitch.

"Forget it, hun; all those guys have anger issues, and they're are close as shit to each other closer than normal biker clubs. I'm not sure why, but when one of them is angry or upset, it affects the rest of them "As she begins to gather up the now-empty plates from the table, she adds.

"Can you tell me what time you want to go shopping?" I mumble out, still trying to clear my mind from what happened with Ryver. I can't seem to get rid of the feeling that I'm the one who needs to apologize.

"We'll be leaving in about an hour," she hums and begins singing a song as she loads the dishwasher. "My hands would dry out if I hand washed the dishes these guys go through," she chuckles through her hums.

Her little song makes me giggle along with her, but only a small one, as my heads still full of Ryver. I'm not sure why I'm constantly at odds with him; I should be grateful. I guess he just gets under my skin for some reason.

"I'm going to apologize to Ryver before we leave then," I say, walking out the door to look for Ryver after hearing her say, "Alright girl."