Chapter 40

The party started a few hours ago, and so far, everything has gone off with no trouble. The men from the different motorcycle clubs are all getting along, happily throwing money down on the poker table for the children in need.

They are a little drunk as well, maybe that's why we have not had any issues between them.

My hands keep on gripping tightly around my property vest that Ryver insisted I wear tonight. That conversation didn't go as roughly as I thought I was going to when we started to have it.

“Ashley, this is serious, baby. I realize you wanted to take this slow, but tonight, just for tonight, I need you to do this for me.” Ryver pleaded as he thrusted the black leather vest with my name on the back against my chest.

“Ryver I just don't know how I feel about it. I told you. My ex treated me as property, and I don't want to go back to feeling that way ever again.” I tried explaining to him calmly, but he wouldn't drop it.

“You don't understand, Ashley. The men coming tonight will think you are free game to flirt with, to touch and to fuck without you wearing this. They will assume you're a sweet butt for the club. Tracer will have Laura wear hers as well, babe, you won't be alone. If another man touches you, Ashley, I will kill him.” He said calmly, but I could see it in his eyes. He was worried about tonight.

“Okay Ryver. Okay. Just for tonight, I will wear it if it means that much to you and if it keeps you from having to murder anybody.” I growled, annoyed that he would use that against me.

Of course, I wouldn't want him to kill anyone. I also don't want to see him go to jail for me.

“Thank you, babe.” He whispered and kissed my lips gently before helping me slip my vest on. “You look so hot right now, Ash” He growled and slapped my ass cheeks.

“Behave.” I scolded him.

I won't tell him this right now, but I kind of like having his property vest on me. Knowing what it actually means to him, what it means to him to give this to me. It means the world to me right now, even if it makes me feel a little nervous.

So yeah. For tonight, I'm Ryvers old lady, and now I'm thinking I should keep wearing the vest. Something inside me doesn't want to take it off unless I have it. I feel safe, I feel loved.

Laura is like Ryver said she would be, wearing Tracers vest, and she is glowing with happiness. I'm so happy for her, I really am, I am just sad that she will be moving. My other friend, the only other friend I had in this town, stopped talking to me as soon as she found out I was working for and staying at the MC.

I miss her, but I can't and don't want to be friends with someone that judges people without knowing them. That's just not who I am inside, and that's the reason I could see past the rumors spreading around town about the men and come ask for a job here.

I'm glad I did.

All of my boys look like they are enjoying themselves tonight. Ryver keeps coming check on me as Laura and I walk around the area making sure everyone is good. I have to keep forcing him to mingle with the others. If it were up to him, he wouldn't leave my side and even though he isn't standing next to me, I always feel his eyes on me.

A little while later, I'm in the bathroom inside the compound, making sure my hair and make - up still look decent. I can't embarrass Ryver by looking a mess on the day that I'm wearing his patch.

A loud knock bangs against the door, causing me to jump.

“Just a moment.” I shouted, not wanting to piss off a maybe drunk biker on the other side of the door. I learned my lesson about doing that.