Truth Untold

Wooyoung refilled the ice pack for Hongjoong, who was sitting in his office with a bruise the shape of the stapler that Yeosang through at him on his forehead.

His aim was amazing.

"I'm sorry." Yeosang said, hugging Hongjoong who was still seeing stars.

"I'm sorry I took your memories." Hongjoong said, Yeosang shaking his head as he tried to be understanding.

"Don't erase them unless I ask you too please. They all have a trigger so I'll remember them if I try hard enough anyway." Yeosang said, looking over at Wooyoung.

"Wait, why did you take Wooyoung's memories?" Yeosang asked.

"I didn't touch Wooyoung's memories." Hongjoong said, looking over at Wooyoung. It must have been someone else.

"Life goes on." Wooyoung said, letting out a sigh, as he sat back down next to Seonghwa, promising himself to go for a walk later.

He still hadn't admitted to himself that he admitted to himself that he liked San. A pro of not remembering his internal monologue that led up to that decision.

Not that he could call it a decision. 

The only thing that Wooyoung didn't remember was if he had told San that he liked him or not.

"That China sheep." Wooyoung said, freaking out because he genuinely didn't remember. He could have confessed after the kiss.

Did he? 

No he wouldn't. 

"Human?"

Wooyoung looked up, coming face to face with San, his heart doing a flip. 

"Oh my gosh." Wooyoung let out, holding his chest as he leaned over onto Seonghwa.

"Here is San, right on time." Mingi said, looking over at Wooyoung.

"Aren't you supposed to be at the celebration tonight?" Mingi asked. Wooyoung wanted to sit Mingi down and tell him that he had more important things to worry about than a celebration that he didn't even want to go to.

"I was gonna drive him over." Yeosang said, with a smile, looking at the time, before he got up, taking Wooyoung's hand as he dragged him out the door.

"Bye Hyungs. Bye Mingi, Bye San." Yeosang said, poking his head back in through the door, before leaving.

"I should go too, Yunho is waiting for me." Mingi said, with a smile, giving San and Seonghwa a hug, fist bumping Hongjoong before he left. 

"Your highness." Seonghwa said, watching as San's smile fell, turning around to look at him.

Hongjoong got up, San walking over to sit in his seat across from Seonghwa, as Hongjoong leaned on his desk. 

"Wooyoung has control over you, your highness, two demons came back to life, there's a revolution. Is there something else I should know about?" Seonghwa asked, looking at the two who were avoiding him.

He was so close to ditching the two and going back on his own, to later change his name and live on a nice beach somewhere without any humans or cannibals. 

"We have a war too." Hongjoong said, Seonghwa not knowing about Ryung's death. 

San felt partly responsible his death even though it wasn't his fault at all. 

No one was to blame but the ones who killed him. 

"What do they want out of that?" Seonghwa asked, playing with hem of his sweater, wondering how the heck these two managed to stay alive if they hadn't done anything to improve the situation. 

"They want Hell and Earth to become one. Once they rule both then-" Hongjoong went silent "Well you get the picture."

Hongjoong and San stayed quiet, not addressing the elephant in the room.

"Do you know what they have planned to get to that part of the plan?" Seonghwa asked, with a frown. 

"Replacing Hongjoong is at the very top of that list." San said. He knew they've been taking baby steps and didn't do anything to protect the boundary between Hell and Earth yet so he was hoping maybe Seonghwa had some ideas.

"How are they going to do that? You don't have any weaknesses they could be used against you right?" Seonghwa asked, knowing that by replacing San meant killing.

Killing the former king is the only way any demon could become king.

And they almost succeed in killing both of them. 

"Not until recently." Hongjoong said, with a light chuckle.

"They aren't allowed to hurt humans." Seonghwa said, thinking about Yeosang. The two were close and anyone could tell. 

"I'd never let anyone hurt Yeosang." Hongjoong said. Boi did not hire twenty demon bodyguards for his friends for no reason. 10 of them solely being for Yeosang since Shiber wouldn't bother hurting humans without a good excuse. 

"Then who is it?" Seonghwa asked. "I can help protect them until this whole war thing is over."

Hongjoong got up quietly, avoiding eye-contact as he began to hum Take Me Home, looking at the fly sitting on the wall. 

Seonghwa froze, trying to figure out if he should roll his eyes first or cry. 

After all this time, he was still Hongjoong's weakness. 

Thankfully the last thing he was was weak.

"San disappeared mid conversation didn't he?" Seonghwa asked, looking at San's empty seat.

"Changbin's at the party so he wouldn't stay anyway." Hongjoong let out, checking the time.

"He's always like this." Seonghwa said, with a sigh. 

"What else do they have in mind?" Seonghwa asked, Hongjoong walking over to him. 

"You shouldn't lay back even if you're pretending it doesn't hurt."  Hongjoong said, reaching out to take Seonghwa's hand who pulled away. 

He literally got stabbed in the back. 

"Worry about yourself." Seonghwa said, leaning forward slightly, Hongjoong going quiet. 

"Why did you do that?" Hongjoong asked, daring to sit next to Seonghwa. 

Seonghwa looked at him, hiding his tears behind an eye roll. 

"I was worried for my cat's and Yeosang's well being Mr. Kim, don't think you're special." Seonghwa said, glaring at him. 

Hongjoong was probably thinking he did it because he still loved him, which he wasn't wrong, but it was best if he thought anything but that. 

"Right." Hongjoong said, promising himself to never assume anything again. "I'm sorry." 

"You probably get stabbed in the back for just anyone these days." Hongjoong replied, catching Seonghwa off guard. 

This Hongjoong was new.