The Box

Wooyoung held San's hand pulling him back and right into a back hug. "San, Hongjoong said don't go," Wooyoung said, San looking back at him. "Why? I haven't seen a shaman in a long time," San said, thinking it would be a shame not to go see how their security measures against demons had improved over the years.

It would have been fun to destroy all of them and the person responsible for making them too. Mingi hugged San and walked him away from the trail that led up to the mountain top, Wooyoung still hugging him. Snowball had ran ahead to follow Jongho in case something were to happen.

"That doesn't mean you should go see one Sannie," Mingi said, San wondering if he could play the King card and get what he wanted. He was about to complain when he heard a scream, so low that he could have said he thought it up. If it wasn't for the low thumping and kicking sound that followed it, San wouldn't have given it a second thought either.

Wooyoung noticed how tense San was, hugging him a little closer, while Mingi broke the hug to see where Yeonjun and Jongho had gone. "Mingi, wait," San said, walking him and Wooyoung over to Mingi, stopping when he saw Yeonjun and Jongho walking down the path.

San left better seeing Yeonjun and Jongho safe, looking at Wooyoung wondering if he heard the screams too. "That was fast," Mingi said, Yeonjun and Jongho giving him a small smile. "Did you leave the others in the car?" Yeonjun asked, getting worried as he ran over to the car, his smile falling.

San wasn't worried since Hongjoong and Seonghwa were in the car, looking at the black box that Jongho was holding. "Oooo, so this was the new security system." San thought, only looking at the box, thankful that Wooyoung was holding him, or else he would have fallen down. Whatever was inside the box was powerful enough to knock an ordinary demon off their feet.

"I have no idea what's in the box, but I can toss it somewhere and Yeonjun doesn't have to know," Jongho said, the shaman having said something about it warding off evil. Demons were technically evil right? Yeonjun did pay a hefty sum of money for it though but oh whales.

"It's okay," San said, leaning against Wooyoung for support. "As long as we stay away from it, nothing bad should happen." San added on, wondering if Seonghwa could alter the lines written on the paper if it was a talisman.

"It looks like what Changbin has in his office," Mingi commented with a hint of spite in his voice, seeing the pattern on the box that looked exactly like the pencil holder Changbin had. "He had something like that in his living room too," Wooyoung said, thinking about that pattern. He didn't say anything about the loud consistent screaming he heard that died down when he looked at San. The thumps wouldn't go away though, Wooyoung looking up to find a lady standing behind Jongho.

"It's not safe here, he'll die in there," Wooyoung heard the lady say, only her mouth didn't move at all. Sort of like he heard San's thoughts but this was anything but pleasant. The lady smiled, when she knew that Wooyoung heard him, her sinister grin disappearing when San bumped into him.

"I want him to die in there," The lady said again, Wooyoung trying to stay calm. If by him she meant San, then frankly Wooyoung wouldn't mind giving this lady a reason where she would want to die.

"Human," San whispered, snapping Wooyoung out of whatever it was. San took Wooyoung's hand, blocking Wooyoung's view of the lady. Wooyoung looked into San's eyes, looking behind him at the lady that was still there. Mingi and Jongho had put some distance between themselves and the trail, walking backwards to the car to not come off as rude.

"WOOYOUNG, MINGI, SAN AND JONGHO DOES IT LOOK LIKE WE HAVE ALL DAY?" Yeonjun called out, running back to them. He followed Wooyoung's gaze seeing a lady staring at him. Yeonjun glared at her, waiting for her to look at him. He watched her disappear as he looked at San and Wooyoung with a pout. He could lift both of them up.