What's After Like?

Jongho stood in line, the once get your cold drinks stand now showing a sign that hot drinks were available. It was amazing how well humans could adjust to unexpected weather. "Two scoops of chocolate brownie vanilla ice cream with a caramel drizzle," Jongho said, looking at the ice cream selection. Yeosang smiled, Jongho nailing his order without even needing to ask.

"And an iced americano," Jongho said, not minding more coffee since this morning's coffee. Yeonjun's bad habits were rubbing off on him. Jongho looked at the desserts, wanting to get them all if they didn't have dessert already. "You didn't need to get me anything," Yeosang said pouting as he stood behind Jongho.

"Especially two scoops," Yeosang said, looking at Jongho who hadn't smiled at all on the way here. "I was going to get three, but not before lunch," Jongho said, blaming it mostly on health reasons. "I owe you a scoop hyung," Jongho said, the person handing Yeosang his ice cream bowl.

Jongho found them a place to sit, having their order for indoors. Yeosang looked at his ice cream, picking up his spoon to take the first bite, his pout turning into a smile. The ice cream shop was cute, having a bunny theme, pink walls, and white tables and chairs. It also had plenty of natural light, Jongho making sure that Yesaong was sitting opposite to the sun in case it came out.

"Why did you feel like you needed the pen? Were you going to jab it into the guy's throat?" Jongho asked, Yeosang laughing a bit to himself. Leave it to Jongho to not cut corners. "I've been paranoid lately," Yeosang said, Jongho waiting quietly for him to go on. He wasn't judging at all, his eyes soft and curious.

Yeosang tried to find the words, finding it hard to relive the day he got possessed by a demon and the day Wooyoung got shot by one. Demons also came into his apartment and were hunting Seonghwa down because he was an angel. "I'm scared demons are going to pop up out of nowhere and this time someone is going to seriously get hurt," Yeosang said, frowning when he thought about Yunho. He was with one this whole entire time and he had no idea. Then there was Hongjoong almost drowning and Seonghwa going into a mini coma. That was the final event that made this demon thing unbearable.

"Like the shadow people we've both been seeing?" Jongho asked, feeling down because of Yeosang's anxiety. He and San were close but they never had to deal with anything demon related much before. At least him and Mingi, well maybe not Mingi since he's been getting sick out of nowhere and Yunho always makes that face where he feels guilty as if he did something to make Mingi sick. He wasn't blind even if he was quiet about it.

Yeosang nodded, offering a bite to Jongho who declined. "But I can handle them by closing my eyes," Yeosang said, worried that the shadow people were to announce the arrival of a demon that they had to deal with. An assumption that was also correct but set aside because there was no proof for it. "Want me to be your personal bodyguard hyung?" Jongho asked, Yeosang smiling. Neither of them could deny that demons could pop up out of nowhere since that was their habit. Of course it didn't stop Jongho from being sad. "You already know that whatever comforting things you wanted to say was only going to help me be happy for around 3 hours until I started stressing again, didn't you?" Yeosang asked, Jongho nodding.

"You're going to obsess over it until you find a solution so rather than giving you words of comfort," Jongho said, with a small smile. He already gave him comfort food. "I'll help you find a solution," Jongho said, Yeosang looking at him. "If that would help," Jongho said, not sure what to make of Yeosang's smile and eyes. Yeosang's smile told him that he was being cute, his eyes showing him how thankful he was and how much he cared about him.

"It would," Yeosang said, his smile turning into another pout as he almost cried. Jongho panicked, getting up to pull Yeosang into a hug. "Hyung it's okay don't cry," Jongho said, Yeosang crying into his shirt a bit. "I've been so stressed lately," Yeosang said, covering his real tears with fake sobs. He used the tears as an excuse to hug Jongho longer, Jongho patting him gently on the back.