The Old Man

The drive took a couple hours, Wooyoung wondering where in the world the old man had in mind for lunch, guessing it was something fancy despite him saying otherwise.

He only had one day off of work before work came to bite him in the butt again.

"Didn't you say a quick lunch?" Wooyoung asked, looking at the man sitting in the driver's seat.

"Do you have somewhere to be?" Changbin's grandpa asked, looking at him in the rear-view mirror.

"Next to my boyfriend." Wooyoung mumbled, scrolling through the menu to the restaurant they were going to. "Are you craving fish by any chance?"

"You have a boyfriend now? And always." Changbin's grandpa said, as Wooyoung smiled.

"I might." Wooyoung said, showing one of the menu options to the old man who finally parked the car at their destination a little while later.

"On second thought, my doctor said at this age more vegetables are good for me." Changbin's grandpa said, getting out of the car as Wooyoung chuckled, getting out of the car too.

Wooyoung walked into the restaurant that looked as expensive as it sounded, thanking San over and over again for making him look great but also missing him and wondering why he left without saying goodbye.

"Well I did tell you to dress up." Changbin's grandfather said, the driver walking over to get them a table and pay.

He missed the days where he was that young and handsome.

"Mhh?" Wooyoung hummed, looking at the old man from the chandelier and green vines that decorated the outdoor winery.

He smiled, recognizing it as one of the many places he helped co-decorate, looking at the beautiful polished carved white walls.

"You're truly one of the best." The old man said, following his driver inside as they sat at a round white wooden table with matching chairs as he got comfortable.

"I doubt it." Wooyoung laughed, sitting down as he looked at the extra chair that was there looking up at the old man.

"That's for a friend whose joining us later." The old man said, handing Wooyoung the menu as a waiter came to set down their plates and utensils.

Wooyoung looked at the small details on the menu that had a picture of a woman playing a violin as the music notes steamed into the next page when you opened it etched into the leather.

If you looked close enough you could even see his mini initials on the spine of the menu.

Wooyoung smiled, looking through the menu items that were a bit more new since the last time he visited four years ago for the grand opening.

"You're putting everyone to shame." The old man said, looking at the crease that the waiter's uniform had as he leaned over to fix it, taking his glasses out of his coat pocket.

"But of course that's how much detail you put into all your designs." The old man said, making all the words that San had said that morning make sense.

He was complimenting him, showing him how other people viewed him and his work despite what he thought of himself.

A nobody in the company with good ideas.

"Listen I'll get right to the point as I always do." The old man said, making Wooyoung laugh as he put down the menu. They already looked at the menu items on the way here, mixing and matching what they wanted.

"Don't you always." Wooyoung said, pointing out how they drove all the way out of town just to talk. The old man laughed, smiling at Wooyoung who was happy that in this small world there was someone who was willing to talk to him informally like he wanted them too.