chapter 3

I look down at my hands and see my unique red electricity dancing with each other as it glows bringer.

I'll be completely honest and say that I don't have control over it, it can hurt me as it hurts my enemies and burns my own skin or whatever it's capable of. That's why I don't use my ability as much.

I never used it to kill someone, except one time but that was an exception. I mostly use it to beat the hell out of people to stop them from killing each other or I just use it because I'm bored.

"Hey sparky."

I signed and glare at the woman leaning against a wall behind me. "What do you want."

"Came to say hi, it's been a month or so since I last saw my favorite peacekeeper." She chuckles and drops on one of the steps next to me. "Pissed anyone off lately?"

"Not yet."

"The day is still young."

I snort. "That's it." I dig my hands into my pocket and the red electricity disappears. "Just give it a few days after last year I might have a few third and fourth years that want to curb stomp me."

"You did fuck up."

"I'll say this, it's not half true."

She arches her brow as she smiles at me. "You sure about that?"

"What would have been listed if I died, vi? A duel gone wrong? An accident? We both know why they won't even dare consider murder."

"They would have." She says. "You know that's not true." I say but she counters back. "People dying on campus are irregularities and deaths should only happen during duels, even then. "She sighs. "You could have easily disarmed him with that power of yours. Stopped him from doing anything further...why go that far?"

"Even if I told you, you wouldn't understand the feeling of losing someone you loved. Would you...?"

I say and quickly lift myself from the steps, she turns her gaze to the front. I climb down the steps as I walk away from the conversation.

"Y/n." I don't stop to hear what she says and walk away.

Why go that far? Right. I told you my perspective but it was limited to a possibility of truths. I won't go as far to repeat myself for you. But it is my fault in a sense. I shouldn't have protected myself from a death threat.

But yet again it's a fucking death threat.

"Kill yourself." Was just as common as calling someone a name. Which I'm aware of.

He attacked me first and I responded in kind. At that point it was a fight to the death. Fight or be killed. Why should i have to hold back? I didn't kill him.....thankfully. but I made sure that i won that fight....and that there would be no more fights between us.

I pull my right hand out of my pocket and look at it. Some sparks and cracks are heard until finally the red eerie glow appears with red deadly lines going all over the place. I keep my concentration on my hand but look up a few times to see where I was going.

I decided I was going to take a stroll through the outside garden of the campus since that's where I was headed right now apparently and that there weren't many students outside probably because most are busy setting their dorms up.

The new first years are probably bursting with excitement for being able to participate in the games. Some of them are just there to get control over they're ability and if you aren't apart of those two.... then you are like me. Forced to be here because you are left with no other choice.

Though I don't mind it. That doesn't mean I won't complain about it.

One more year of this is already unbearable as it is.

I stop in my tracks as I hear voices heading in my way from around the corner. I hear the sparks and cracks getting louder and when I turn to my hand I see the ball if electricity covered my whole hand. The four people stop talking instantly as I appear in there filled of visions while I was able to make it disappear in time.

Three guys and one girl. My eyes lock with the fox-like girl as she glares at me.

"You. What are you doing here? You should have stayed away from here." She says.

"..." I don't respond.

She steps closer and I inch my right hand to my chest and pull my left hand out of my pocket. her eyes go to my hands instantly. "You maimed him. Because of you he can't attend here anymore."

"That's bullshit. I only made it that he'll be down for the count not permanently damage the man." I say in my defense.

I then clench my jaw. Keeping my words to myself.

One of the guys next to her steps between us. "Let's let him be, Ahri. The bastard is probably getting off seeing you this angry. He glares at me. "He doesn't give a shit."

I groaned in annoyance. "So much for a walk..."

I turn my back and walk away but suddenly I felt rocks smash into my back. I turn around and with my left hand electric currents spray out and with it I use it as a whip and bring the one who blasted me with rocks to me.

With him tangled in something deadly he froze. Ahri then looks at me, the edges of her hair and eyes start to glow white. "Let. Him. Go."

I don't respond to her and bring the guy closer to my face. "Wanna end up as your friend, pal?" The electricity starts to glow more and moves in on the guy as he squirms to get free but ends up getting sapped. She bares her teeth at me as I state. "Keep your little fuck boys with you and I won't do anything to you."

I let him go as he backs up and the electricity once again despaired. I dig my hands into my pockets and leave.

And yet again-I only defended myself.

Ahri POV

I grit my teeth as I stare down at my hands seeing my nails dig into my palm. With a sigh, I rub the back of my head. First fight of the year and I couldn't have picked the worst person possible to piss off. And it's my ex nonetheless.

I walk up to my teammate and slap him hard. "Why the hell did you do that? See what you did now."

He lowers his head and holds his arm in pain. Looking more closely I see his skin is completely burned maybe even vaporized and almost showing the bone. "Shit that's bad. You two get him to the infirmary."

"But what about-"

"GO!"

They quickly take him to the infirmary on campus leaving me alone.

I go to a bench and sit down as my ears dropped in sadness. This wouldn't have never happened if I never stopped hanging out with him!

I left the one that I loved alone.

And in doing so, I payed the praise. Tears well up as I silently started to cry...