chapter 60

I don't remember when I fell asleep. No, I don't remember getting back to my room all together.

I honestly didn't remember anything but I can confirm one thing.

I wasn't in my room though. The world was nothing but a wasteland colored red with a giant tree piercing the clouds. where am I?

"Am I dead?" I speak outloud remembering my situation. Then the craziest thing happened.

A eye open in the sky staring down at me.

I freeze when looking at the eye knowing it was starting at me back. What the hell is that? And what does it want?

I don't know. I don't care. I just want to leave. Please leave me alone.

"What are you?" I say softly glancing at the eye. I didn't expect a response. I didn't expect anything so the shock I felt wasn't what I expected.

"No one. I am no one."

This thing can speak?! What the fuck!?

"Why am I here.."

"You are close...awakening. Despair and death love you." it speaks again, this eye spoke again. I frown at what it says, "I am the source of your suffering."

It glows a red glow I'm all too familiar with and the pieces start to make sense as to realizing who or what I am looking at is. I breath out, "I'm so tired of problems."

"Solution. Red electric chains you. You will die soon. That is you're despair."

"How.." I kneel down, "I was so close...I had everything...everything was going well." It didn't make sense at all.

"Why me!" I scream out glaring at the only thing here with me, I couldn't pretend anymore I needed to vent or I'd go mad.

"Solution. Do you wish to live."

"Yes." I answer quickly.

"Solution. Awaken and ascend. Reserve," slowly I look up towards the tree before getting up to my feet. I start walking towards it and feel that familiar electric current coursing through my veins. I grab onto the tree and lift myself up starting my climb.

"I will live. No matter what, I'll fight for my happy ending back!" There's no could roll over and die. I simply can't, I refuse to.

For once I'll save me from dropping into that darkness I called home!

"Solution. Love. Love all. Love is key. Then I'll give you full control."

_________________________________________

"What the fuck!" I sit up my heart pounding I feel sweat drip down my head. My breath was ragged, my body shaking I look around frantically.

I was to lost to notice a pair of hands be placed on my shoulders, a familiar warmth engulfed me for a moment. A long enough moment to make me calm down.

Then I heard his voice, "Jesus man are you alright?" Looking up I see ezreal at my bedside looking at me with concern. I gulp down Silva and silently nod, he hums before taking his hands off me.

"You know I don't think you're okay." I frown but don't say anything still trying to recover from what happened, he continues though, "Seriously what happened to you? Yelling so sudden c'mon you can talk to me."

"I had a pretty bad nightmare." Jesus was this my voice? It was so raspy.

"Yeah dude I felt my soul evacuate my body man, anyone ever tell you you're loud?" I shake my head no.

"That's pretty rich coming from you." I say to him and he simply grins, "I know." I look back at him with clear confusion "Why are you in my room?"

"I wanted to sleep with you."

"Wha-"

"Rakan told me to go check up on you because you've been in bed for a good bit," stops for a second seemingly pondering something, "Even though he was the one supposed to check on you. Lazy guy I swear."

"Your not any different yourself."

He nods, "I know. I'm fucking gorgeous compared to him." I sigh shaking my head, "No, that's not what I mea-"

He waves me off and turns around, "You should take a quick shower my dude and change into clothes. Go to the main room to proof your not dead yeah?" Staring at ezreal I can't help but chuckle, "Yeah Alright I'll see you guys there."

"Great!" He walks out. I get up and strip myself before getting a new pair of clothes and head for the shower.

Getting in I turn the water on before thinking back to what the big tree said.

"Awaken? What's that supposed to mean exactly? This is so confusing." I shudder feeling the water go from cold to warm. Am I right to assume I can blame that tree for my suffering?

I don't think so. I caused most of my problems for me because I was unbelievably petty.

It's my fault.

./././

Vi POV

"All this planning behind the scenes is a pain in the ass."

"It will be worth it in the end Vi just do your job."

"My job is doing you."

Grace groans loudly, "Can you stop flirting? Your reminding me that I'm single." I place a papers down and look her in the eyes.

"And who's problem is that? You had chances back then but always decided not to." Grace rolled her eyes, "Yeah a one night and leaving unfulfilled in a relationship is definitely what I wanted."

Caitlyn looks up, "You could always go out and find someone who catches your interest."

Grace slouched in her chair. Letting her shoulder go, "If holy if it were that easy Caitlyn. Thanks for the support."

Caitlyn smiles "I do my best."

Watching them both I speak up, "You could always-"

"No."

"Well," I go back to picking up my reports "I tried.

I have a feeling this last year will end with a bang.