chapter 17

I stare at the book that I have in my hand and a flash of memories enter in me.

...

A younger y/n sat on a swing in the playground with burn marks on his forearms from using his power with tears threatening to fall.

'Why do they hate me?'

'What have I ever done to you two?'

'Why do you value them more over me?'

'What did I do wrong?'

In this stage of his life y/n asked himself questions that he couldn't get answers to. It hurt to know you being around disgusted the people that brought you into this world.

'It will get better right? They won't hate me forever, right?' And now he was just lying to himself.

"Hello there young man..." the young y/n looked up to see an old man.

"Why are you so upset...?"

"..."

He stayed silent before looking down decided it wasn't worth the effort to come up with a plan.

"My parents love my two other siblings more then they love me."

The old man took a seat next to y/n and he continues, "They call me names like mistake or say that I am a disappointment to them."

The little boy tears fell but when the old man place his hand on top of his head feeling a shock.

Y/n looked up at the old man to see him with a smile, "I am sorry but I can not help you little one. But what I can do for you is provide you with this gift."

The old man proceeded to take something out from his coat and gives it to y/n who in return takes the book, looking at it closely.

It was Anthology book of William Blake

But in other words it was a book of poems. But the young boy didn't care as he hugged the book to his chest.

"Thank you..."

From there on the two made a little bond like a father and son would. Y/n would accompany the old man and they both read the book together with the old man telling y/n that he gave another copy to another boy with white hair and promised to introduce the two.

But...

As they say, All good things must come to an end.

Y/n sat at the swings of the park where he first meet the old man, his eyes dull.

It had been two years since y/n last saw the old man back then but even so he still waited for him to come to the park.

But after two years he never came...

He stood up and walk to the entrance. But before walking out of the park he turn his head to the swings and saw a glimpse of his younger self and the old man, with smiles on their faces.

"...goodbye."

...

Y/n blinks his eyes to see he's crying with his tears landing on the cover of the book.

Panicked he desperately rubbed his arm on the book to dry off the droplets.

Seeing as the book was still in perfect condition he wiped his eyes and let out a shaky breath.

"Where did you ever go...?"

That one question haunted him till this day and question himself if he did something to suddenly make the old man disappear from his life.

So many questions yet, no answers.