chapter 55

I stare blankly at the news in front of me and groan to myself softly banging my head against the wall, "Fuck me..."

News about midterms has been accelerated due to a decline in the schools funding and they have a need to prove that the students within this academy are worth it. Even though it's been moved a month later that wasn't the main issue the main issue here is the dislike of this news and I for one am not liking this at all.

Another thing is that there will be another tournament made with special teams; All fourth rank academy leveled students will be mixed with other students of they're level meaning there's a chance that I'm not going to be with the people am comfortable with. Great!

AND WHAT THE HELL IS THIS I'M HEARING ABOUT A SPECIAL EXAM BEING HELD BY THE GOD DAMN STUDENT COUNCIL?!!

I should go over there and set that room ablaze. Is what I would have done if I hadn't stopped myself from going ballistic and sat myself down to think it over. Grace knows me to well and would have predicted my dismay at this and would have had more security to stop me. Not only me but others that hate the thought of another exam that isn't they're midterms.

Did I mention that if you fail any single one of the midterms you'll be put on a special watch list from the government? Not including finals, why? It's to prevent pre adult's to turn rampant.

I honestly don't know why the special exam is getting me so heated but I can't help but kicking someone's ass.

I sigh noticing I was sweating and I rub my forehead. This stress is killing me.

Getting up from my bed I put my shoes on and think about going to the livingroom hoping someone was there so that I could talk with.

As soon as I get there though-

"Lux please...!"

"We barely just started the year!"

I poke my head around the corner to see everyone but xayah and lux being littered with books. I think I saw jinx drowning in a pile but that could just be me. Xayah without turning around, "Hey y/n maybe you could help me out here with a small problem."

"Well," I step out. "I could take a guess but I feel like the problem is evident."

She looks at me and smiles, "Really? What's the problem?"

Lux rests her sights on me and a feeling of discomfort courses through me.

"Lux is taking knowledge is power to a whole another level? I mean.." I say but can't continue what I was getting at.

"Then you wouldn't mind participating, right?" Lux asks with a sweet smile, "uhh sure can't be that bad."

Kayn and Rakan share a look.

(Later...)

Kayn and Rakan couldn't believe what they were seeing and felt they're body shaking. Y/n was causally skimming through books and answering questions without a inch of struggle.

Back to y/n(you) was focused on the two males staring at him then the book in his hand before shaking his head and placing an answer sheet down.

"Done?"

I nod, "The material here is hard but I'm used to it," I say standing up stretching my arms.

"But how.." I watch Rakan, "I've been here longer than all of you and know how this academy. The question are hard on purpose to see what you know and how much you can learn moving forward."

Xayah chuckles shaking her head before patting me on the back

"I almost forgot about that, you are older and more mature than us." She looks down, "I don't know I guess having you around us all the time made me believe you're like us but you really aren't."

"Well..." They all look at me, "My time with you all are probably the best thing that has happened. I'm sure you all know my upbringing wasn't the best but each and every one of you.." I take a deep breath, "Has reminded me what it feels like to rely on you without worrying of being hurt."

There wasn't more for me to say-I didn't know what else to add but I got my message across I suppose.

Lux covers her mouth as tears prick her eyes before rushing at me arms wrapping tightly around me. I hug back before she let's go turning to everyone smiling brightly, "I love you all! Group hug on y/n!"

"Wait-"

Kayn, Ezreal, Rakan, Ashe, Xayah, Jinx and Lux embrace me all at once while I think to myself Nothing ever feels like it is really worth it, forget perfect. Though even now in my life a part of me held onto that silly dream of a desperate child only wanted acceptance. At worse nobody cared until it was too late, that's what's made it more important because I never asked for anything.

So I want this and that would be enough. To be enough for someone or some people.

*** *** ***

Kai'sa POV

Sitting down I was reviewing some stuff before I felt someone sit down with me. I peak over and see akali lean on me I smile to myself

"Akali?" "Hm?" She turns to me, "Something you need?"

She shakes her head, "No just feeling oddly good for some reason."

"You as well huh? I can say the same for me." Akali nods, "What do you think about the sudden news if you don't mind me asking?"

I pursed my lips in thought and shrug. I didn't mind the tournament but midterms begin push was out of left field.

"I don't really mind since I'm confident we'll all push through this last year." I say, "I don't have a thought about the special event since it didn't say when it would be revealed or anything."

Akali sighs, "Why an event though? They just can't let us out easily now can they." I nod, "I guess not unfortunately."

Even so that wasn't enough to deteriorate me from feeling at peace right now. Did something happen?

.

Ahri POV

Walking to the student council I saw lots of people here mainly guarding the room when Grace walks out heading straight towards me before locking eyes.

"Ahri?"

I wave my hand in greet, "Hey Grace what's up with the people here?" I gestured to everyone around the room and she sighs.

"Hoping to keep a certain electric wielder away from here for the time being." I smile sheepishly, "Y/n? Why."

"I except him to storm in here for my head for daring of hosting something because it keeps him from leaving this place." I nod, "The special event? What exactly is that by the way."

Grace shakes her head, "Not telling~"

"Really? That's a shame then." I say with a somber tone, "Anything else I can help you with?"

I think back before an idea came to mind, a very risky and weird one at that.

"Say.." I sigh and continue with this, now or never. "Do you know if y/n like sweet treats?"

_________________________________________

I feel like I have this story thought out yet at the same time it feels like I don't.

I'll finish this book that's for sure, give feed back and comment about stuff you feel like should have been written or overall anything you like!