chapter 25

Y/n POV

After getting dressed in my combat uniform and equipping my gloves and boots i leave the dorms as I head to the staging area. There are like always - quite a few people that will be participating. I glance at my right hand, i am going to be holding back but it calls for certain moments to get serious i won't hesitate to strike at the liver or cut off their oxygen.

But i would be disqualified so...

I reach the area and i see Kai'sa there, fuck. She spots me and makes her way to me, "Hey, how are you feeling?"

"Decent enough. Is ahri participating?" She nods, "Though the bracket is rather fortunate."

"Why?" I arch my brow.

"If you two do end up fighting, then it would be for first place at the finals. She did say she looks forward to it." She giggles, "Nothing like a little bit of friendly competition."

I shake my head, "knowing her there's nothing friendly about it. Even when we were together she was very mischievous."

She nods, "just be careful, alright? Don't go all out either."

"This is a tournament... we are both bound to get hurt." I state with an annoyed stare, "why aren't the three of you taking part?"

"She purses her lips, "We will be talking part in the team games, will you watch?"

I shake my head, "No i won't. Once I'm done here I'm planning to pack my bags and leave."

"Oh alright.. good luck."

She disappears through the crowds upset and back to where she came from. It still feels incredibly out of place talking again. Though this is probably for the best.

In the end, I promised myself that i wouldn't get hurt. That if I just let things go with the flow and stop actively trying to get in the way it will be fine, even if I burn down I will be fine, I always have been.

...

I look down at my hands, seeing blood. Not mine. By still they hurt. Not to mention my legs too, though the gloves and boots observed most of the shock and kept the damage at a minimum. I do worry that they might break if I'm am not careful enough.

Now all that is left is the hardest of them all. The Quarter Finals, up to the semi all the way to the grand finals.

I glance at all the contestants that are left, Ahri meets my gaze. She smirks at me giving me a look that says "i am going to enjoy making you eat dirt" it's clear she's been looking forward to this.

"Kicking your way through everything? I guess all that Teakwondo paid off huh?"

"Good luck," I say, "your going against Ahri and she is hell-bent on getting to me."

She nods, "I know. I lost to her last time as well. Top ten is fine with me," she chuckles, "Physical strength can only take you so far - so I look forward to see how you beat her this time."

I lift my shoulders, "stick around, I'll make sure to put on a show just for you and caitlyn."

I look over at vi, "kick her ass for me."

"Will do my best," says as she leaves.

...

I walk down up to my side of the arena, I am tired, Very tired. I don't have energy anymore and the only thing keeping me from passing out is sapping myself awake. If I get knocked out now it would be fine... ahri will just have to wait another semester to get her payback.

The red-headed woman standing across from me, spinning a dagger on her finger as she watches me, "you seem exhausted. Try and take this seriously."

"I always do." I state, doing little jumps to wake my legs up.

Liar, this might as well be my last fight for the tournament.

"Then don't hold back, if you do i might just end up killing you."

"Then we can blam the academy for doing this much," she arches her brow at me.

"I don't care. Just give me a fight worth the effort I will be putting in."

I glance at my hands and the gloves, they looked alright, but not in the shape they were when I got them. Guess i won't be taking this seriously as you'd hoped katarina. I glance at the crowd around us - it is obvious that they put all their chips on red over there.

The horn sounds at the beginning of our battle.

I rush forward to force her on her back foot. She drops a dagger in place as she meets me, pulling out another she throws it behind me. Then disappearing to the dagger behind me, I stopped in place lifting my foot as I do a reversed roundhouse kick.

Connecting with her arms I then back flip backwards, I noticed a dagger at my feet and she appears on it, lifting it out of the ground aiming for my stomach. I narrowly dogged as the tip draws blood.

I place my hand on the stinging pain on my side, "Take. It. Seriously."

If i do i am disqualified. I shouldn't even be here... now I am faced against someone where if i don't put more then enough effort I am bound to lose. So no matter what i do i lose. Grinding my teeth together she does the same attack

I expect her to teleport behind me but she stayed on her path. I face her challenge, i raised my leg electricity sparking from it only for it to zap my knee. Before i could react at my own power hurting me i was tackled to the ground with a blade held against my throat.

The crowd goes wild as I lay on the floor with a sigh, "You can get off of me now."

She lifts herself up, offering me her hand I take it as she says, "Didn't win this time, though why did you not take it seriously? Am i that much of a joke to you?" Katarina arches her eyebrow.

I shake my head, "If I used my powers they would have disqualified me," I turn around, "it might as well have been me trying to kill you. Best of luck going forward," I waved at her as I step off of the arena.

My hand still a fist, i reach the dressing room. Heading into the bathrooms as my legs give out on me.

"Gah.. ow, what the hell."

I open my hands and look at my now burned hands since the gloves broke from the amount of energy of my electricity. I just had to act on instincts - damien is going to be pissed.

This will seriously do some serious damage to my pride... I can't believe i lost...

I look at the mechanics built in boots and see the left part of the boot dented or damaged with sparks coming out.

...I hope he won't be to upset, I mean we are brothers right?