chapter 53

Y/n pov

Half way into the night and I could tell my group had gotten tipsy while the boys, ezreal, rakan, and kayn were drunk.

I myself was drowsy but didn't drink so much. Have I always been this week to alcohol? I don't know. But I do know is that I can't take another sip of another alcohol beverage after all who would look out for lux and them? Plus I'm more worried what they would do to people than what they can do to them .

Pulling out my phone I dialed xayah and let it ring.

"Yeah y/n?"

I take a quick look to ezreal and kayn before responding, "Hate to kill the night short but I think it's about time we leave..raken and the other two are knocked out of their minds."

"Reasonable suggestion. I was actually going to call lux and say if we should stay or not before you called."

"Sorry. "I sigh, "Don't be. I'll round up jinx and ashe while you can handle the guy's."

"Yeah okay. See you xayah" I hang up and put my phone away. I stood up before shaking ezreal seeing as he's completely gone.

"Ezreal bud wake up"

Seeing as ezreal wasn't going to wake up I sigh and take his arm before placing it over my shoulder before lifting us both to our feet. "Up we go"

"Ay y/n right?" Turing around ekko was behind me, "Rakan said you're blonde friend would let loose and be out. Was wondering if you wanna give him to us since we're also going to leave."

I look to the side and see a semi sober rakan hold a drunk kayn who waves his hand the best he could.

I turn back to ekko and nod.

"If it isn't much trouble for you then I'd appreciate it." Ekko smiles, "Not a problem my dude!"

I smile myself before handing ezreal to ekko who helps ezreal. The other guy with a face mask yauso helps ekko with ezreal as well before he turns and gives me a thumbs up and the five walk away.

Suddenly my phone rings. Pulling it out I see it's xayah and I pick up, "Yeah?"

"Can you get Ahri?"

"Ahri..?"

"Sorry to make you do that since you two ARE ex's" I can almost imagine her apologetic smile, "but I'm Currently trying to find jinx-"

A big boom goes off behind me and we both go silent as I see pink smoke drift my way.

"She's where I'm at; west of the bar entrance by the way." I tell xayah and she sighs.

"Thanks I'll be there."

"I'll go find Ahri then. See you xayah." The call ends and I look around the bar trying to see if I could spot a blonde vastaya in the crowd but can't.

I start to look around the bar going to different areas trying to find Ahri before turning and stopping dead in my tracks. A nauseous feeling suddenly hits my stomach so hard that I cover my mouth.

I refused to throw up in front of the open. Although I didn't feel any vile build up and instead just felt that dreadful feeling I've been dealing with since I got back to the academy.

"Oh fuck...I think I'm dying."

I breath out before looking to my right and see Ahri. My eyes widen when I see her but some random guy push himself against her and I see his hands reach for her chest.

I walk over to them quickly before the man can touch her and take her into my arms.

I glare at him,

"Hands off my woman."

Ahri POV

I was waiting for lux after she excused herself to go to the bathroom when this random guy suddenly started to flirt with me honestly, he was gross but even so I tried to play it off and say that I'm not interested.

That all went out the window when he pushed himself onto me and I immediately glare at him.

"What do you think you're doing-"

I'm cut off when someone pulls me back. Looking up it was y/n, "Hands off my woman"

My mind..goes blank before I feel him lean into my ear, "Play along.." I nod nervously and cling onto him faking fear.

"He..he tried touching my chest love..." I say loud enough for us to hear. A bit too loud as people turn they're heads towards us.

Y/n still holding me says, "If you know what's good for you I recommend you leave before I shove my foot up your ass."

The guy leaves and y/n takes me away from the on lookers before we stop somewhere in the bar.

.........

Or that was what was supposed to happen. The random guy charges in and I'm pushed to the side and y/n is tackled to the ground.

"Y/n!" I yelled out before seeing him separate himself from the man before roundhouse kicking him.

I take that chance of shock and put him to sleep with a spell knocking him out before running towards y/n to see if he was alright.

"Are okay?" I ask him and he shrugs, "Didn't expect that to be honest. I thought I could scare him away but..yeah I guess not.

Remembering lux's words I go in to move closer, barely brushing my hand against his, "Y/n?" He looks at me, "Hm?"

"Are you okay?"

He doesn't say anything for a while before a frustrated chuckle escapes his lips and he shook his head.

"Trying to figure that one out myself to be honest. No, Ahri I'm not. But..I will be."

I frown at his response it doesn't put me at ease at all.

Y/n POV

I'm not fine but I will be? What kind of response was that, dumbass that will only make her worry more.

You sure do have a way with words don't you, Y/n? Fucking hell.