chapter 61

Walking down the stairs everyone turns their heads to me instantly. I wave my hand in greeting

"He's alive!"

My chest tightened at those words but I force the frown threatening to break through.

"That I am. How is everyone doing?" Kayn stretch his arms, seemingly unbothered. "Bored man. Nothing to do but sit back and wait." Rakan shook his head, "Me and xayah are going out for some quality couple bonding."

"Everyone has plans?" Asking that question to everyone I turn to them all.

Lux hums, "I have a few errands to do myself. Might be gone for a bit everyone."

I glance at her wondering what she had planned but seeing as it's most likely nothing to be concerned I kept it to myself. That only leaves Jinx Ashley and Ezreal.

Ashley stands up from her spot on the couch "Mind if I join you? Don't want to be stuck with kayn to be honest."

Kayn looks at her, "Why?"

She shrugs, "I like Lux's presence more."

Jinx buts in, "So that only leaves me. Kayn~" his face pales and looks to me our eyes locking.

"Y/n-"

"I'm good." Shutting off any more conversation Kayn slumps into the couch and nods towards jinx.

Soon everyone make off with their plans in mind while I watch them go and leaving me with the only other person in the dorm with me.

I sit down with my damp hair wetting my shirt not caring before Ezreal starts up a conversation

"You should cut your hair."

I nod, "Agreed. Only problem is I'll have to find a barber and make effort to go to one." Ezreal tilts his head to the side giving me a side eye, "So what your saying is that your basically lazy until the moment calls for it."

"Exactly."

"What are you planning on doing? You didn't share your plans with everyone."

"I could say the same for you."

"I don't have any plans."

"Well I don't have any either to be honest." Ezreal sighs and smiles, "I might just sleep to be honest. Tired of problems "

You have no idea...

Curious I push a little, "What type of problems?"

Ezreal stops for a few moments, moments turn to seconds, seconds turn into minutes.

Finally he speaks up, "Relationships."

So that's what it is? Interesting. Ezreal definitely has the charisma, he lacks certain aspects but his confidence makes up for it. I narrow my eyes, unless it's something else?

"Relationships? I mean yes you seem like the type of person who would want to be in a relationship but is that really what's bothering you ezreal?" I searched his face trying to find semblance that might indicate something.

He didn't say anything before letting out a big smile and waving his hands.

"Yeah you've caught me dude. Nah relationships isn't my issue anymore." Anymore? Then if that's the case.

"Is it something in the group?" He nods his head, "But there isn't wrong though. No body seems to-"

"It's more of a me type of problem."

"Go on?"

Ezreal fidgets for a moment before he lets out a sigh

"Whenever I'm with everyone I'm totally pumped excited to do stuff but like, at the same time not really man." I nod, "We're all together, figurative and literally but y'know, I don't really feel like I'm there."

"I never knew you felt like that ezreal." I say honestly genuinely feeling sorry for him.

He only chuckles, "People hide more than they're willing to show man. Secrets and insecurities...even I have them you know."

"I guess.." he sighs, "Making myself the center of attention makes me forget my internal pains. Even if it's for a moment."

People hide more than they're willing to show. Internal pains. I understand.

I ball my hand into a fist and stood up walking up to ezreal who looks up at me. I place a hand on his shoulder

"If it means anything, I can relate. I'm tired of problems too."

Ezreal didn't say anything. We just stare at each other.

"Ah man." He wipes his eyes and stood up, "Don't take it the wrong way but it feels nice to sympathies with someone who knows."

"Emphasize Ezreal not sympathies." Ezreal raises his brow "Wait for real? I got those mixed up?"

"Yeah dumbass." I laugh and he tries process things but I pat his shoulder.

"Go get some rest ya?"

"Yeah. Way ahead of you."

He moves past me and up the stairs before stopping midway. I look to him in confused

"Thanks for the chat y/n. I needed that bro" He flashes me that grin of his and thumbs up. I simply nod in return and he leaves.

"What to do.." pursing my lip in thought I looked towards the door. Maybe going out might do me some good?

.

Evelynn POV

"Eve" looking away from my mirror I gestured for Ahri to enter and closes the door behind her and sits on my bed. Getting up I smile, "Gumiho?"

Ahri shares the smile and pats the spot next to her, curious as to why she hasn't said anything yet I sit down.

"So, what happened Gumiho?" Ahri stayed silent looking me in the eyes. Before she broke out into a bitter sweet look. "I did it."

"Did what?"

"I told him." I understood what she meant. How couldn't I? I should have known she wouldn't let it go, I sigh "Ahri.."

"I know."

"No you do-"

"Yes, I do!" startled by the sudden shout she continued, "I spoke with him. I put my hate for him finally to rest. I know exactly what I did, I know I feel disappointed in myself for choosing to oppose instead of help."

"Ahri-"

"Let me finish." Tears stream down her face and I felt my mouth slightly go agape, "I made him that way I fucking know, I can't believe he still manages to smile at me when we both know we were stupid teenagers that didn't know any better. I know it's too fucking late"

She clings to me hugging me tightly burying her face into my shoulder. Even so I still heard what she said next,

"But I know I still love him."

Wrapping my arms around her I held her tightly like she was to me. We didn't say anything-there wasn't anything to be said.

For once I'm at a loss.