chapter 58

"Hmm." She studies my face and looks away, "You've changed. You don't have that look of resentment towards everything around you."

"And you don't have that glare. Color me impressed, so why the change? Maybe a boyfriend huh?" Instead of answering she fires another question, "I could ask the same. Back with the fox? I saw you two burying the hatch of loathing."

The question makes my stomach turn in discomfort but my throat starts to swell. I keep my expression blank and shake my head no

"I have someone. They aren't here though," She slowly nods her head, with purse lips, "She's fake then?" Seeing my stare she sighs, "Never mind I guess she is real."

"And you?" I ask her, "Who's the guy I have to beat the shit out of before I judge him with harsh words." She turns her back to me. "Well I'm not telling you now, I'd hate to see you get hurt by him."

I roll my eyes. Someone on par with me? There isn't any male like that at this academy. Huh, wait a minute actually...

"It's not a he is it?" She doesn't answer, "I've been thinking all this time it's a he when it could also be a She." Again, she doesn't answer. Although that doesn't confirm anything so I can't say I am right.

I didn't have much of a problem, not that it mattered to me personally but I also know two woman that swing that way.

That reminds me, I need to pay a visit to Vi with jinx before anything else happens. I look up to see Shizu walk up and gives Damien a hug and I walk up before getting in between them and give one as well.

Damien smiles as he looks to all three of us and me and Shizu lock eyes before we come to an agreement.

This is probably as close as we'll get to one another as siblings so for once, no fights. Just for today and everything goes back to normal and we split.

I then look at Damien "So you called us here right? There something you wanted to talk about." Shizu looks to me, "Considering it involves all of us and the seriousness of his texts it isn't a happy siblings reunion-" she looks at him, "Is it?"

Damien's expression turns to the one I was used to before we got along and he nods before turning around and gestured for us to follow him.

"Unfortunately yeah. I really wish it wasn't but for some reason, if this situation didn't happen I don't think the three of us would ever meet like this."

I secretly agreed with him as we walked away from the dorms and somewhere else. Shizu give me a glance and I return it before shrugging and face in front to see where exactly my brother was taking us to.

The building came into view with Damien turning to look at us, "I can't tell you much about the building since the academy dosen't own it."

Shizu goes to say something but I stop her and she sighs as I then look at Damien,

"This looks illegal."

He nods, "Kind of is."

Kind of? I shake my head and we enter before Damien quickly gets us into a room and I'm really starting to wonder where the actual hell we are. The room looked like a laboratory with all types of machinery that you'd see in movies and such. Chemicals and clean smell mix in made me feel nervous before Damien stops again a unusual look of calm in his eyes.

"Damien," Shizu began, "What is this place? This looks like some soft of sci fi laboratory." I nod to her words, "She's right. Where are we."

"This place used to be owned by the academy and was suddenly left behind. I happened to come across it when I was walking and asked the student council but they also didn't know. A few months I realized what this place was and I would rather it stay that I'm the only one that knows." He finishes explaining and Shizu visibly had a annoyed look.

"You can't just keep that information to yourself-"

I cut they're argument and clear my throat, "Damien you haven't told us why we are here. Forget the secret lab for a second, Shizu." I turn to him, "So?"

Then, the light in Damien eyes seemed to fade as he said something I'd never forget.

"You and me are dying, y/n."

***

I know this part doesn't really make sense for some if not all after the wholesome moment with everyone. You might be wondering why fuck with the mc after act2 where everything seemed fine? This act serves a purpose and it's to bring mc together with everyone. Just bear with it for right now

This is kda redemption.

This is the old y/ns death bed.

There is a happy ending I'll tell you this right now.

Someone IS dying in this story. But it won't be right now and it isn't the person you think it is. (Just contradicted myself didn't? Lol)

There's 2 final acts. 3(current) and 4. Like I said I'm finishing this story.

But motivation is all over the place, not to mention I have works I may or may not post after this chapter is out.

I'll see you guys with next upload with this book.

Stay safe everyone

-Mario.