4: Kicked out

Edited by Relendria

There are no women here - all men. It was both a blessing and a curse.

The chief, the doctor, and Fa Enlai were having a discussion.

"So he is well? Eh, let's figure out who he is." The chief grinned.

They all walked into to room where they saw Liang Meng Yao sitting. It's been 2 days since he found out this world has only men.

He is still a bit shocked but he was keeping up fairly well. He looked up as the village doctor entered.

"Ah, is something wrong doctor Fa?"

"No, relax young master. This is our village chief and he has come to asked you some questions," he said.

Liang Meng Yao waited patiently for the questions.

"What's your name?"

"Liang Meng Yao"

"Liang Meng Yao, it's nice to meet you. Where are you from?"

"I'm not sure if you know this place but I'm from China."

"China... I don't recognize this place you speak of."

"Apparently it's very far away. No one here seems to know about it," he said.

"So, Liang Meng Yao, are you a nobleman? Are your parents looking for you? How did you end up in the river?" the village chief questioned.

Liang Meng Yao felt uncomfortable but felt it was best to give an answer that wouldn't offend anyone.

"Well, the truth is except for the name of my home and my name, I don't remember anything. All I can remember is that I was kicked out," he lied.

The village chief's face became sour. If this young master had been kicked out and thrown in the river to die, then that meant he was useless.

The village chief was hoping this young man was a young master who could help their village but it turned out he was as useless as they come. Saving him was a waste of time.

Liang Meng Yao was a relatively good judge of character, so he knew the village chief had no sincerity towards him. Neither did the doctor but Fa Enlai was at least somewhat sincere.

Liang Meng Yao purposely faked having amneisa to see how they would react.

"Useless!" the village chief said, "You should pay us money for our services"

Liang Meng Yao didn't expect them to show their true colors so quickly. What was he supposed to do? Of course he had no money and now they were hostile.

"Get out!" the village doctor yelled

"I'm sorry doctor Fa. I have no money. Let me at least work the labor off. I have no wher-"

The doctor pushed him and he fell down. He felt the urge to hit this man but he doesn't hit elderly people. Besides, even if the man wasn't good, Doctor Fa still helped him. He could only accept their hostility.

"Doctor! Chief!"

Someone yelled from outside at that moment. They went outside and saw Hong Jia Yi who was worried about Liang Meng Yao.

The chief, who was very upset, found his new target.

"What are you doing here?! Have you come to spread bad luck?" The chief spoke loudly.

Hong Jia Yi said nothing. He was used to the hostility. He turned to Liang Meng Yao who was at the door.

"Hello," he said.

Liang Meng Yao tilted his head and recognized who he was. He smiled at the man who brought him to safety.

The doctor pushed him out and he stumbled on the floor.

"Get out of this village!" the village chief yelled.

Hong Jia Yi who was surprised by the chief's actions went to help Liang Meng Yao.

"Village chief, aren't you being a bit too cruel? He has only just recovered!"

"Shut it, you bad luck bitch! You should focus on marrying and minding your own business instead of getting involved with my matters!"

It was then that the village chief had an idea.