109: Entering The Imperial Court

A week went on by and Liang Meng Yao must go to the imperial palace, which in honesty he didn't want to go.

But as a high ranking court official and also the minister of public works he must, he gave his wife a passionate goodbye kiss.

"Oh my Jiajia, I already miss" he said pouting 

"Yaoyao, I'll be waiting"

It was not even two minutes in the carriage and Liang Meng Yao already wanted to turn back. So in order to stop himself from stopping the carriage man, he busy himself with thoughts.

Right now as the son of infamous minister Liang and the prodigy crown prince there are some high expectations directed at him, for him to get nobles on his side he must show he is someone who is worth following.

Feng Chong Lin is the general and a high military standing in this empire meaning that he is the leader of this empire's strongest military force, so if they should look at the pros and cons of taking down Feng Chong Lin there is a definite problem. As not only internal struggles but also external struggles, when they lose a larger force the other kingdoms might get cocky and want to attack> cons.

So to alter that issue in military power he needs to create more power for that, a military school would be a good suggestion, but it'll be too obvious and Feng Chong Lin might act on this open attack to his power. 

He can't forget that the emperor's life is in his hands and we aren't clear on who the spy is in the Long palace, so one of the main issues is the emperor's health.

'Ah! Meng Yao you're a genius! You should receive a kiss from your wife!' 

The minister of education Yes! a test no one will think is strange of a test, he can't let him know it is him who offered such an examination. The young minds are fresh and free so it'll be easier for them to come up with new methods and ideas and even if it's effective with a gathering of methods and ideas they ultimately create something that's at least a temporary solution.

Feng Huan is too young to run a kingdom and Liang Meng Yao don't want to, if the emperor dies then Zhong Xiao Si inherits the throne but his power will be overlooked because Feng Chong Lin had cease most power and had Huan and it will solidify his possession in power. The emperor has less than a year left, time is barely on his hands.

Feng Chong Lin has many backers but the strongest is Jun You, the one who does the dirty work taking down him first will hit Feng Chong Lin hardest.

Liang Meng Yao was already working and moving the chest pieces in his mind trying to carve the perfect plan as well as back up plans too.

He was so immersed in his thoughts that he was surprised when the carriage stopped announcing his arrival, he took a breath sighing.

"Time to do your minister duties Gongbù" Liang Meng Yao spoke to himself in a soft tone

This was his first official court meeting so he couldn't look helpless and falter in his emotions, so he stepped out of the carriage and began to walk.

Some servants followed behind him as he walked straight with dignity and authority, the officials in the imperial court yard paused looking at him as he walked with servants behind him.

It's disrespectful to carry guards before the emperor so his guards remained at the carriage weapons aren't allowed either but Liang Meng Yao was not that stupid. 

"That's him" 

"His so majestic, it feels like the rumours do him no good" 

The officials whispered at the side, Liang Meng Yao walked unbothered by their gossip, he had more important things to focus on than to be bothered by chattering.

Liang Meng Yao walked to the imperial court entrance where there were two large doors where there were large Long (dragon) seals on each one. The door was  opened by the two men at the door.

Liang Meng Yao's silver hair fluttered as he walked ahead, Liang Meng Yao was wearing a slightly dark blue robe with silver cloud patterns on his shoulders, some around the neck lined making the hanfu looks, the hedges were darker blue, almost navy colored. His under clothes was a much lighter blue, he looked at his fellow court members as he entered specially Jun You and Feng Chong Lin.

He entered and stood at the corner as his robes flopped. He looked at the people on the opposite side to him studying them. 

Soon even bowing simultaneously as the emperor entered, the emperor was dressed lavishly in red looking regal as always. 

"Greetings to your imperial majesty! May the heavens bestow blessings upon you for the greatness and leadership you have given us! May your days be long and your health never fail! May the heavens and our loyalty bless you and may you rule for ten thousand years!"

They all recited their usual greetings  bowing at 90° while their hands were cupped, as the emperor walked he took a look at his grandson. He felt proud seeing his grandson smiling happily on the inside, it's almost like the old days with minister Liang. 

The emperor last down on the throne they said cold, "raise" 

They all stand up straight.

"I see my subordinates are as loyal as always," the emperor said with no enthusiasm in his voice.