9: Fa Enlai is jealous

Edited by Relendria

After boiling long enough Liang Meng Yao filled the glass jars with what was now a jelly-like substance.

Liang Meng Yao had already skinned the rabbit and hung its skin out to dry so it could be sold later. He cut up the rabbit cleanly and precisely.

Hong Jia Yi was impressed by Liang Meng Yao. Luckily, they had salt another which was another thing to add to the list of necessities.

'Ah, so much to do so much to do...'

Hong Jia Yi was washing clothes in the meantime.

After a bath they both enjoyed dinner together and then went off to bed. In the night rain soon began pouring down and some parts of the roof began leaking. Hong Jia Yi now had to set bowls so the entire place didn't flood.

'Another to list - fixed the roof'

Fa Enlai was angry.

"Father how could you have him marry that man?" Fa Enlai questioned

"What's wrong? Nothing! Of course the two can die together now! Quit acting stupid - I must prepare you to marry the chief's son."

Fa Enlai was angry because he didn't want to marry the village chief's son. He liked Liang Meng Yao.

Fa Enlai was the prettiest she-man in the village so his father the village doctor had high expectations of him but Enlai didn't want money and power. He wanted love and he was charmed by Liang Meng Yao.

He didn't want it to end this way... it can't!

When Liang Meng Yao woke the next morning, he decided that tomorrow he would go to town to sell the jam he made and see if he can get the ingredients to make mayonnaise.

Then after establishing a way to earn money, he can fix this home of his and even have men build a pit so he can make a pit toilet.

Hong Jia Yi came out with juice that Liang had made from the berries. They both sat under the shade to enjoy the day.

"Tomorrow early we shall go to town," Liang Meng Yao said.

Hong Jia Yi nodded.

Liang Meng Yao thought that Hong Jia Yi was way too trusting to be obeying him, a stranger, without question.

Liang Meng Yao didn't know that this world custom was different from his. In this world it was natural for spouses to not know each other since only parents arranged their marriage. Also, she-men didn't have much say and weren't allowed to disobey their husbands.

When a she-man marries a he-man their property automatically becomes the he-man's and the he-man is naturally the head of the family, so Hong Jia Yi was only following their customs.

"Liang Meng Yao!"

Liang Meng Yao heard his name then went around to the front gate then smiled and waved. It was Fa Enlai.

Hong Jia Yi followed after Liang Meng Yao. As soon as Fa Enlai witnessed him, he darkened but didn't allow it to show.

"How are you doing? I'm worried about you?" he said sheepishly.

"I'm fine. Hong Jia Yi is taking great care of me," Liang Meng Yao said with a smile.

Fa Enlai blushed laughing cutely.

"Right, that's so good of him. I've heard what father and the chief did. I'm sorry," Fa Enlai said.

"No, it's okay. It's their home after all. I was just a freeloader," he confessed.

Fa Enlai found him to be charming. He had manners and was considerate of others - unlike the bastard he-men in this village.

Fa Enlai was disappointed at his father and jealous of Hong Jia Yi but he won't give up yet. First he needed to get close to Liang Meng Yao...

"If you need anything tell me, okay?"

"Yes, I understand and thank you very much for taking care of me. I promise to pay you back in the future," Liang Meng Yao promised.

"That's enough! It's not necessary. Aren't we friends?" Fa Enlai said.

He nodded and they said their goodbyes.